NBA Playoffs 2019 (2 Viewers)

Haha. I have no idea what I’m talking about

Turns out you were right, but it was worse. Endorphins and adrenaline can hide a serious injury for awhile. Deuce McCallister said he was able to walk off the field after he tore his ACL and didn't feel the real pain until the following day.

Almost half of Canada watched part of this game - via MobileSyrup.com

"According to Bell Media and data from Numeris, Thursday’s game saw an average of 7.7 million viewers on TSN, CTV, and RDS, and a record 15.9 million Canadian viewers tuned in to watch some part of the game and witnessed history — which represents 44 percent of Canada’s population. Bell notes that viewership peaked at 11:47 p.m. EST to with 9.99 million Canadians watching the game’s final minute."

From what I can tell, U.S. TV ratings (for ABC) were a little higher. Bear in mind, you have roughly ten times the population.

“After Game 2 in Milwaukee, I was trying to get to the team bus and one of the dudes in the Milwaukee arena just screams at me. He’s like, “Where do you think you’re going?!” And I’m like, “Uh, I’m trying to get to the team bus.” He’s like, “What?! Where’s your pass?” I was like, “I don’t have a pass. I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t have a pass.”

“This happens in a lot of arenas, so I just kind of go with the flow.”

So the last few days have been crazy around here and there are a few things I wanted to add to the thread, but rather than pack it all into a jumbled single post, I'll string them in a row. It'll be multiple posts, but I think it'll make more sense that way.

And will they hate him if he leaves?

Nope.

He will be given a standing ovation his first return to Toronto. No question. I mean, perhaps something could happen that would sour the team on him, but it wouldn't be for simply leaving.

The fans knew the deal going in and at the beginning most people thought it wouldn't be enough for a title, but it would help a ton and if, by some chance, we won with him - it would be worth it.

And everyone is still pretty much in that camp still.

However after the win and conventional wisdom around here, I think a lot more people think the chances of him staying are greater than before and a 1 and 1 contract - one more year with a second year featuring a player option - is possible.

Then he can still get a longer term max deal out west.

Now, it makes sense to me, but I want that to make sense. So if he signs somewhere else, there would be more disappointment than a month or two ago, but it would be totally understandable.

Not sure how many of you heard about or saw Plant Guy, but he was walking down Yonge St. and a reporter caught up with him - because he was holding a big plant. Here's the interview:

He was so hammered carrying his "Kawactus" - which he obviously pulled out of some plant display on the streets.

and then there's this dude who climbed a pole at Yonge & Dundas Square (the major intersection downtown) - people were scaling all sorts of walls and scaffolding to get higher.

To give you an idea of the size of one part of the celebrating, here's a map of Toronto - the red line is part of Yonge St - the longest street in the world.

It's 1200 miles long.

ANyway, the red line is what was blocked by police - an 11-mile stretch that was filled with pedestrians, they had to close it to traffic. Eleven miles of street closed for hours because people were partying. It was crazy.

GOVg4Xt.jpg

and here is a nice video taken from 40 floors up and you can hear the entire city. The volume lasted at least a few hours. People just celebrating so hard, so loud, so long, so happily. Pretty incredible. Downtown really didn't clear until between 4 and 5am.

I'll add more later, because I don't want to post too many times in a row but I'll just post this last one for now

Monday at work was supposed to be an 8-to-4 day.

Boss told us on Friday to make it a 1ish-to-4 day so we can make it to the parade!!!!!

Pretty amazing gesture.

Might keep the kids out of school to attend :yes:

To give you an idea of the size of one part of the celebrating, here's a map of Toronto - the red line is part of Yonge St - the longest street in the world.

It's 1200 miles long.

ANyway, the red line is what was blocked by police - an 11-mile stretch that was filled with pedestrians, they had to close it to traffic. Eleven miles of street closed for hours because people were partying. It was crazy.
that's almost the length of manhattan
that's 3 whole endymion parade routes long

dang

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom