NBA to Re-instate Birdman; Hornets Option to Re-sign (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Chris Andersen reportedly is set to make his return from a NBA drug suspension to join the New Orleans Hornets.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune, citing two unnamed sources, reported that NBA commissioner David Stern is expected to reinstate Andersen on Tuesday and that the forward will re-sign with the Hornets this week if he passes a physical.

When he was banished, Andersen was earning $3.5 million in the first year of a four-year, $14 million contract he had signed the previous offseason. If the Hornets want to re-sign him, they would have to tender him a contract for the remainder of the season equal to a prorated portion of his old salary. (If his salary had been above $5 million at the time of his suspension, the maximum the Hornets could have offered him for the rest of the season would have been a prorated portion of $5 million, which was the amount of the midlevel exception at that time.)

Anderson was dismissed and disqualified from the NBA in 2006 for violating the league's drug policy. He first became eligible to apply for reinstatement to the league late last month.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3275986

I always liked birdman, but he reminds me of the "old" Hornets, whatever that means. I'd love to see him contribute.

Birdman was always that high energy and the guy who would leave it all on the floor every time he hit the floor. He was one of my favorite players.

We need depth at that position, hence the talk of PJ Brown for the playoff run.

If Bird is in good shape, it might be worth the spot. I guess it all depends on what he's been doing to stay in game form.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFpCJIb6_ng"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFpCJIb6_ng" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BIRDMAN!

Andersen was the first player kicked out of the NBA because of drugs since Stanley Roberts in 1999.

I always wondered what happened to Stanley Roberts. I still think it is incredible that a team with Shaq, Chris Jackson, and Stanley Roberts never made it to the sweet 16.

w00t!!! According to ESPN's bottom line

"The Hornets reached an agreement with Chris Anderson."

Also, we destroyed the Hawks today. CP3 with a near 20-20 game and JuJu had 13 points and 7 boards(and also danced during a dance cam segment at CP3's urging)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom