Speculation NBC / Harvey Weinstein Connection (1 Viewer)

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
I'm watching the Murder Birds against the Mavericks and during a timeout I decide to click over to Maddow to see what she had to say about the big ruling tonight. She starts laying out a story of Harvey Weinstein in this long drawn out overly detailed story as is her style when suddenly she links Weinstein to NBC and NBC working with him to hide or kill stories just like the Enquirer. She then pretty much eviscerates NBC and how they have killed stories and served up Matt Lauer when they found out a former employee had written an article about NBC. I was there sitting with my mouth open listening to her go into NBC just hitting them repeatedly.

What do yall think? Is this NBC allowing their dirty laundry to be aired and doing it with their own people to try to blunt the trama or are they doing it to show that they are willing to do the right thing even if it's from within their own house that the story's topic originates?

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Chris Hayes already shredded NBC for it I want to say around 2 weeks ago.

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to skip over your post Saintmaniac. I get the feeling that some NBC host/reporters (and other channels) are starting to feel that if they just don't report it or skip over it it makes them hypocrites and part of the problem.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
She interviewed Farrow. I felt it was a good interview. You could feel her being uncomfortable with the idea that her network had behaved so badly, yet knowing she had to ask the difficult questions. She had also done some digging and had independently confirmed at least one of his allegations.

Maddow is good at interviewing, she seems very genuine and her emotions ring true. She did a powerful interview with Mayor Pete early on in the campaign where they sort of compared their difficulties with coming out and how they each dealt with the decision of coming out.

cuddlemonkey

Veteran
Reaction score
She interviewed Farrow. I felt it was a good interview. You could feel her being uncomfortable with the idea that her network had behaved so badly, yet knowing she had to ask the difficult questions. She had also done some digging and had independently confirmed at least one of his allegations.

Maddow is good at interviewing, she seems very genuine and her emotions ring true. She did a powerful interview with Mayor Pete early on in the campaign where they sort of compared their difficulties with coming out and how they each dealt with the decision of coming out.
I missed that, but I did hear him on... Fresh Air, I think. Terrific interview.

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m not a huge Maddow fan, but I thought this was pretty incredible. I don’t understand the network’s approach. Weinstein is reviled and deserves no protection. I don’t understand the motivations. Props to Maddie for doing that.

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
I was channel surfing and caught about 10 minutes of it, with Maddow pressing for answers about who asked whom to kill the Weinstein story and how many times they said to kill the Weinstein story.

Maddow seemed genuinely upset by the answers . . . I believe disbelief would be the best way to describe it. No, not the faux disbelief she sometimes uses when she plays up to the camera, this looked all too real. Heartbroken type real.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maddow already knew every allegation and had independently confirmed at least one before the interview, so I can’t say I saw any disbelief. At least if you meant it as in the shocked kind of disbelief when you are learning something for the first time.

She knew what had happened and even opened her show acknowledging that the book and allegations had caused great consternation among her peers at MSNBC, if I am remembering the word she used correctly.

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Maddow already knew every allegation and had independently confirmed at least one before the interview, so I can’t say I saw any disbelief. At least if you meant it as in the shocked kind of disbelief when you are learning something for the first time.

She knew what had happened and even opened her show acknowledging that the book and allegations had caused great consternation among her peers at MSNBC, if I am remembering the word she used correctly.
Of course she knew in advance.
I meant that I don't think she could believe she was actually saying the words she was saying or that she was actually being allowed to say them on the air without repercussions.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, gotcha!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom