NCAA teams are struggling with Covid outbreaks. How does that affect the NFL? (1 Viewer)

We are certainly having football this year. Guaranteed it happens. Too much money involved. They’ll make it happen
Let’s wager on a full season.

Here is the proposition.
I will say a max of 0-7 regular season games played for all NFL teams, I win.
8-11 games, neutral.
12-16 games played and playoffs, thru the Superbowl, you win.

You in, or not?

Last edited:
Let’s wager on a full season.

Here is the proposition.
I will say a max of 0-7 regular season games played for all NFL teams, I win.
8-11 games, neutral.
12-16 games played and playoffs, thru the Superbowl, you win.

You in, or not?

That’s the most ignorant wager I’ve seen in awhile. So...no...try that mess with someone else that doesn’t wager or gamble half the year for 15+ years lol.

First, it’s the reason I’ve said 100 times on here and other places that I GUARANTEE the NFL will start the season, now whether they finish it or not is yet to be seen.

But yes, it’s 100% fact they’re going to do everything in the power of the league to have the season. Too much money involved and money always wins....

sorry, that’s facts

Yeah, I'm going to need you to be correct about this, or I will come back later and revoke my upvote.... And none of us want that 😂

Its 100% that they’ll start. 0% chance they don’t at least try. Even if it’s 1 practice lol. I can’t guarantee anything more than that. Lol

I can see that.

We start the season 8-0 and everyone else is 5-3. NFL be like... "Yeahhhh... We are just gonna cancel the season."
NFL: 20/21 is cancelled
Saints fans: ...but they found a cure and vaccines are free for everyone
NFL: nah, too risky
Saints fans: ... but the world has reconciled in unprecedented ways and there is no political strife to speak of
NFL: ...out of an abundance of caution...
Saints fans: ...but the discovery or limitless energy and self-sustaining food supplies
NFL: Look! Do we have to spell it out for you?

Well I guess we should just tell everyone see ya next year. The world has got to move on. This is a virus that will most likely always be here. What good is a vaccine if 100% don’t take it? Look at the percentage of people that take a flu vaccine each year. You can’t force a vaccine on people by law. If your in the high risk group, don’t go. If not, wear a mask or not, but go. We can’t all hold our heads under blankets and ask someone to tell us when the boogeyman goes away.
Good point, ohh and the effectiveness of the flue vaccine has been going down every year. Last my doc told me it was 65% effective. I have come to side with many early doctors in the US who said that staying inside is worse, that we should get it to build up the immunity against it.

Either way we are nation of ppl who wont be told what to do for long, and they will get out and get it eventually. I just say protect the elderly (which Gov Coumo didnt do) and ride it out. Afterall is there really any other choice?

Yeah, I dont see any football this year.

That’s the most ignorant wager I’ve seen in awhile. So...no...try that mess with someone else that doesn’t wager or gamble half the year for 15+ years lol.

First, it’s the reason I’ve said 100 times on here and other places that I GUARANTEE the NFL will start the season, now whether they finish it or not is yet to be seen.

But yes, it’s 100% fact they’re going to do everything in the power of the league to have the season. Too much money involved and money always wins....

sorry, that’s facts
They will of course, by all means try to start the season. But my interpretation of your post, GUARANTEEING THERE WILL BE FOOTBALL, a new born could have predicted as much.

And I am saying, there will be no football, in the sense of a complete season. That is to be clear. If you want to quantify; guaranteed football, on a partial season, that is dumb!

As far as betting goes. 15 years of betting, for a half a year, is like being a child. Try 45 years of wagering on horses, baseball, football, basketball, you name it, then come talk to me. Be that as it may, I offered you a chance to gamble, and you chose not to. I was willing to gamble on a proposition that I proposed that you did not like. How about making one up and let’s see what you can come up with!

And by the way, my proposition is no different then wagering on any type of over/under bet. And do not tell me, you have not wagered on same, or similar props., IF your claim of 15 years of half year wagering is the truth.

Afterall is there really any other choice?

Yeah, there is. We ride it out until there is a vaccine and/or effective antivirals for it. Especially for people who have comorbidities that drastically increase their risk of long-term damage or death, like old age, obesity, diabetes, or hypertension.

Yeah, there is. We ride it out until there is a vaccine and/or effective antivirals for it. Especially for people who have comorbidities that drastically increase their risk of long-term damage or death, like old age, obesity, diabetes, or hypertension.
We need to decide who are we talking about in this thread?

People with comorbidities that drastically increase their risk of long-term damage or death, like old age, obesity, diabetes, or hypertension?

Or New Orleans Saints and LSU football players who happen to reside in the demographic where they are at a much, much, much lower risk for long-term damage or death?

People with comorbidities that drastically increase their risk of long-term damage or death, like old age, obesity, diabetes, or hypertension?

Or New Orleans Saints and LSU football players who happen to reside in the demographic where they are at a much, much, much lower risk for long-term damage or death?

Fair points, but I was mostly just addressing the point made by the poster saying that we might as well just go back to normal because "what else can we do".

LOL. The last part is the problem. We know a relatively small amount about this, and it too early to think we have it figured out. The long term effects are still being analyzed, and it's only a matter of time when an elite athlete gets seriously sick or worse.
https://www.chron.com/news/medical/article/What-they-don-t-tell-you-about-surviving-15356605.php

So, I didn't read the entire thread, first few pages & maybe this was discussed already, so if so, please overlook my lack of patience. The OP posted that " 30 LSU players in QT just recently " but did not state or possibly the OP doesn't know, but just because people are "quarantined" does not mean they are sick with the virus. The obvious political ties to this whole thing has me very untrusting anytime I see numbers or hear about new cases, when no one every goes into the details of the cases themselves. I live in Michigan & was listing to the radio news on the way to work just yesterday & they were talking about the number of "new cases" but never said what they mean by that. We know for a fact they are doing a lot more testing here in MI for the virus & thus you would see an increase of reports, some people with the virus & showing symptoms, some asymptomatic but not sick or showing any signs of being sick & some who've already gone through, built up the antibody & are now no longer able to get or give the current strand.

So unless your talking about 30 players literally sick & in need of medical care, then your just talking about people who are not sick & are ether asymptomatic or have the antibody, both of which they count as a "new case" if not previously done so & will in fact make a healthy asymptomatic/antibody person go into quarantine, for some stupid reason.. which to me again is where the political crap goes into effect. So details, details, details folks, their not telling us everything & it's hard to know what to do without all the info. Just my 2cents.

They will of course, by all means try to start the season. But my interpretation of your post, GUARANTEEING THERE WILL BE FOOTBALL, a new born could have predicted as much.

And I am saying, there will be no football, in the sense of a complete season. That is to be clear. If you want to quantify; guaranteed football, on a partial season, that is dumb!

As far as betting goes. 15 years of betting, for a half a year, is like being a child. Try 45 years of wagering on horses, baseball, football, basketball, you name it, then come talk to me. Be that as it may, I offered you a chance to gamble, and you chose not to. I was willing to gamble on a proposition that I proposed that you did not like. How about making one up and let’s see what you can come up with!

And by the way, my proposition is no different then wagering on any type of over/under bet. And do not tell me, you have not wagered on same, or similar props., IF your claim of 15 years of half year wagering is the truth.

If you're going to try to badger someone into a wager, at least go about it with something different than the essential equivalent of "are you chicken??? Bok bok bok"......... An impulsive 4th grader with ADD would be able to spot what you're attempting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom