N/S Nebraska plan on hiring Matt Rhule (1 Viewer)

He had about $40 million left on his 6 year guaranteed contract with the Panthers. Does he just forfeit that when he signed with Nebraska? Wonder how that settlement transpired.

He had about $40 million left on his 6 year guaranteed contract with the Panthers. Does he just forfeit that when he signed with Nebraska? Wonder how that settlement transpired.
Nope. Panthers only play the difference. If he makes 4 million a year and he is owed 6.5, then panthers pay the difference. Curious to see what the Huskers paid him. Scott Frost was making 7 a year.

I hope Rhule is smart enough to retain Mickey Joseph in some capacity. Husker's top receiver has already declared for the draft doesn't sit well.. as if he knows Joseph is not coming back either... we'll see. I hope Rhule brings back physical to this team. Nebraska used to be the gold standard in nasty O-Line maulers.

Good move by both parties. Rhule is a great college coach and that program needs a shot in the arm.

Good hire for the Nebraska Cornhuskers
Agree, he's not an NFL coach, but he can bring Nebraska back to national prominence, can't believe how far that program has fallen, they were elite every year when I was growing up...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom