Need a Disneyworld Primer - 5 days there, how do I spend them? (1 Viewer)

Ditto on the meal plan. My sister and her family swear by it. We didn't use it since we stayed in a condo and went back for naps and some meals, but everyone I've talked to who have used the meal plan think it is great.

Since you're staying on-site you will probably use Disney's free airport transportation but remember to put the luggage tags on the bags when you're checking in at the airport. That way you won't have to pick up the luggage when you arrive - it will just magically appear in your hotel room a few hours later. You will have to hand the luggage receips to the castmember in the airport when you check in at the welcome center so keep those and the voucher handy.

My husband and I both love to go to the adventures club down on pleasure island. It is a very fun, adult, comic club where you never know who is a guest or an actor and where you can suddenly find youself in the center of atttention. You never know what is going to happen there but the atmosphere is very funny and laid back. If you go be sure to try their signature drink the Kungaloosh, it is very good but I wont spoil the surprise by telling whats in it

BTW, we were going to Animal Kingdom the day after the guy died on the Expedition Everest ride.. My wife and I were flipping through the channels on the TV at the condo and caught it on the local news.. Talk about throw a wrench in the vacation.. But they checked the ride out and it was all good for the next day apparently..

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-bk-disneyaccident12182007,0,7179266.story

We have tried Everest several times and like it. I wouldn't do it just after eating but it is not a bad ride. Mission Space the original is the one ride I'll never do. I tried the "weak" version and that is enough. Husband though likes it. Rocking Rollercoaster is nasty in the beginning - it kicks off like a plane on a carrier and if you're not ready you might be seeing stars for a few 10th of a second. What everyone need to remember is that all this is extreme rides, and just because you're on vacation you still need to respect you physical limitations. I have had times when I have backed off going on a ride I have done on a previous trip if I felt a little off - very tired, having a bad cold, after a big meal etc.. and that includes all the previous mentioned attractions

would a 2 and half year old like the Magic Kingdom? 3 year old? Or is it more for older kids?

would a 2 and half year old like the Magic Kingdom? 3 year old? Or is it more for older kids?

since most 3 year olds are content to play with an empty cardboard box i would say no.....too young to remember or even care....4-5 is a better age

Depends on the child. If the child is very shy maybe (s)he would be a little scared of the characters, but I have seen so many examples of characters just sitting down with young children and gain their confidence... In many ways 2½ is the perfect age. Entrance will be free, and (s)he can eat off your plate for free as well.

There are many things you can do with a young child - we brought our youngest nephew at that age, but you must remember that they tire easily. Take a midday break - get out of the sun and everyone will be fine. Even though he is 5 now I am amazed that my nephew can still remember a few things from the trip- mainly meeting Pooh since he is a very big FAN. We loved having him with us, and there is something magical in looking at Disney through the eyes of a young child.

How could you not like Magic Kingdom? Have fun, be like a kid. There's nothing wrong with that every once in a while.

How could you not like Magic Kingdom? Have fun, be like a kid. There's nothing wrong with that every once in a while.

let me count the ways.....first, it's a small world(no explanation needed)....second, double-wide strollers everywhere.....third, as far as rides go, there just wasn't anything special at the time i went

FWIW, i do like splash mountain and the alien thing was pretty cool :9:

let me count the ways.....first, it's a small world(no explanation needed)....second, double-wide strollers everywhere.....third, as far as rides go, there just wasn't anything special at the time i went

FWIW, i do like splash mountain and the alien thing was pretty cool :9:
I agree with you about all the irratating little kids, but I love the rides there. My favorite kingdom is probably Epcot, as I love visiting all the countries and such. But as far a having "fun" I think Magic Kindom is the place.

i bet it would be cool to do some drugs there. maybe trip. just freak out.

I agree with you about all the irratating little kids, but I love the rides there. My favorite kingdom is probably Epcot, as I love visiting all the countries and such. But as far a having "fun" I think Magic Kindom is the place.

I agree that even without kids, MK has a few "don't miss" attractions -- as I said, Philharmagic, the Comedy Club, Buzz Lightyear, and the night parade/fireworks are great. But if you're trying to conserve your time, an entire day may not be necessary. FWIW, I liked Pirates, but it wasn't worth the 1 hour wait to get in, IMO. If the line is short, then go. Otherwise skip it. The other annoying thing about MK is that the walkways, etc., are much narrower than in the newer parks -- the parks that were built later were able to plan around the crush of people, whereas the MK was already done. I think that is why the strollers, etc., are more noticeable in MK than in the other parks. Plus, there are a lot more of them...:) If you're going during school time, you shouldn't have as much of an issue with kids compared to summers/holidays.

We went when my daughter was 4 and my son was 2. He doesn't remember any of it but he sure had a blast while he was there, especially getting to ride Dumbo and meet Winnie the Pooh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom