Need a new propeller (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I hit something while out yesterday, likely a pipeline. It broke a chunk of the skeg, naturally. That thing is starting to look like shark teeth. It also bent one of the blades on the prop. I could get a new aluminum prop for $70ish. A new stainless is about $250. How much would a prop shop charge to fix the bend? I wouldn't say its extreme. It affected the speed, but not by much.

Also, is it really worth the 3-4x price for stainless?

Some photos

From the rust on it, I'd have to say I hit a pipe, which apparently was 15ish feet away from the bank. Crazy. Tide was low though. I've passed that area so many times.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 9
Had that been an aluminium prop the blade would be gone, that is usually the advantage of stainless along with less slip. Surely not more than 100 bucks to have it fixed???

What size prop is that..? You can get it straightened and re-cupped cheaper than a new one...

Only thing good about an aluminum prop is having it as a spare...

I believe its 15 x 12.5

My pop was supposed to bring it this week to a shop in Houma, but I forgot to give it to him. Hoping its under $100 to get straightened.

That can be fixed.

Don't mess with aluminum props unless you want one as a spare

That prop can be fixed, that is the route I would take and have had one with similar damage repaired in the past.

It's at the shop. Should be around $80 for him to fix it and make it "like new".

Now I just need to fix the skeg Lol. That thing looks like sharks teeth. Considering it's 13 years old, I don't think it's that bad. Seen you can buy replacement skegs for $20, but you need to find someone who can weld it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom