Need book suggestions. (1 Viewer)

bop

Very Banned
Reaction score
Ive never been a big recreational reader, preferring to entertain myself with tv, internet, video games, etc, but now I would like to get into some good books and would like some suggestions. One topic Im interested in right now is WW2. I had "Band of Brothers" in mind, but would like to know if its worth a read. Any other WW2 book suggestions would be welcomed as well.

Another topic Im interested in is fantasy, though the last fantasy books I read were "The Death Gate Cycle" series of books when I was younger.

Beyond that I enjoy anything to do with space, sports, other wars throughout history like the civil war or revolutionary war for example, and anything to do with ancient times like Romans and Greeks. Any suggestions would be appreciated, and Im also open to suggestions in genres that I didnt mention.

I just finished Deep Storm, written by Lincoln Child. Kind of a thriller/sci-fi/tech/mystery. I really enjoyed it. Here's a link to a review that doesn't spoil the story:

ps; I'll think of a couple more that'll be in your mentioned genres.. Lemme think about it.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/12/30/201301.php

"A thriller filled with surprises and plot twists, Deep Storm is Lincoln Child's best solo effort by far. The story begins with Dr. Peter Crane joining a top-secret project called "Deep Storm" to determine the cause of a variety of medical maladies that have struck members of the project crew. As time progresses, the severity of the problems increase, and extend to the psychological as well as the physical, and the danger increases.

Crane is at first led to believe that the project has discovered the remains of Atlantis. This is soon proven to be false, and Child masterfully doles out the clues, leading the reader through a series of twists and new revelations until the unveiling in the final chapters. The mystery aspect of the story is strong, as is the high-tech angle."

The Paladin (Brian Garfield - author of Death Wish).

Fictional account of a British Spy who met Churchill as a precocious child and became a British asset during WWII. Definitely fiction, but an entertaining read. It was published quite some time ago, so it may be difficult to find.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom