Need help; Air Force maintenance documentation (781A) (1 Viewer)

Thorin

Idle
Reaction score
I know there are some USAF wrench benders in here. Help me settle an argument, I couldn't find it in the AFTO 00-20-1. What is the maximum allotted time between entering a 781A discrepancy and assigning a work order in the forms? How much time do I have to get a work order number assigned and entered into the 781A? Any T.O. reference would be really appreciated.

Would an air frame mechanic use these same forms? I called my son in the Reserve, but his voice mail came on. He's hard to reach.

I know there are some USAF wrench benders in here. Help me settle an argument, I couldn't find it in the AFTO 00-20-1. What is the maximum allotted time between entering a 781A discrepancy and assigning a work order in the forms? How much time do I have to get a work order number assigned and entered into the 781A? Any T.O. reference would be really appreciated.

If you are talking about the Job Control Number (JCN), then the answer would be immediately when the discrepancy and/or inspection is discovered and documented in the 781A's. You may use a manual JCN or one generated by CAMS.

00-20-1
5.9.4.9 “JCN.” Maintenance personnel or aircrew trainer technicians ensure the job control number is entered

Great, I had asked my son to respond so I could ask him. Now, I'll have to chat with him about something.

Great, I had asked my son to respond so I could ask him. Now, I'll have to chat with him about something.
You could always tell him you know an airframe troop (ret) on SR.com!:hihi:

I forgot the smiley. He's fine boy, and I'm glad to offer help. He was last working on transport planes, Staphory. I'll find out exactly which plane, or do ya'll just work wherever needed? They asked him to enlist full-time, but he's a soph at Tuskegee majoring in electrical engineering.

Just to clarify, I'm a contractor on the B-52 simulators. Our govt QA stumbled upon a 781A (the sim uses aircraft forms) discrepancy entry and slammed us because we hadn't yet assigned a JCN. I wasn't sure if he had a leg to stand on, but I guess he does, although the 00-20-1 doesn't really make it crystal clear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom