Need help from a Facebook Expert (1 Viewer)

Phil

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I will start by stating I hate Facebook. I can't stand using it, but unfortunately, I need it. I have a couple of NFL related websites and as tiresome as I find Facebook I do get exposure for my sites.
The problem is I am just overloaded with Facebook posts. I subscribe to maybe 4 football groups and I'd say almost 90% of everything I get is from those 4 groups and as a result I'm missing posts from family and friends -
sometimes important, and from a couple of other topics that I genuinely have an interest in. I don't want to stop following these groups as they are quite beneficial for my sites but really, the number of posts I have to sift through is just getting overwhelming.
Why question is, is there a way I can "temporarily" turn off those groups for a little bit to check up on everything not football related? I know I can go and turn them off one-by-one in the notification settings but I was hoping for something a little more easy than that.
If there is something someone knows please let me know.

Facebook's algorithm generally tends to give you more of what you look at. It sees that you're looking at the football groups and gives you more of that. It's supposed to be organic but sometimes it just glitches into sort of a feedback loop. That's why a lot of times the first thing you see in your news feed will keep showing up all day, even if you didn't like or comment or interact with it in any way. It sees you looking at that item and assumes you're interested.

If you want to prioritize posts from friends and family you can do that in the settings. I think it's called newsfeed preferences. You can also "follow" individual people so you'll be way less likely to miss a post from them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom