Need help with water bill in NOLA (1 Viewer)

here in Booger Holler I pay $120 + / month for water, sewage and garbage. The reason is because on one side of the street is city and on my side is considered county. When I moved here I was told I could tap into the water but was never told about being charged DOUBLE. YEP DOUBLE for being on the wrong side of the street. It isn't like they had to run any extra pipe or anything. I raise hell about it all the time but it falls on deaf ears.

I ain't complaining about my $70 bi monthly water & sewer bill anymore ... :covri: ... county taxes take care of garbage pickup in MS.

Hmmm...I'm in a new construction/renovated house with just me and my wife. We're in the Irish Channel. I'll watch it again this month after knowing that I fixed my running toilet. Maybe it ran for a couple of days without my knowing and ran up the bill.

that will do it.

3 gallon tank that is constantly running for 3-4 days can run thru 2-300 gallons ( depending on the rate of flow )

that will do it.

3 gallon tank that is constantly running for 3-4 days can run thru 2-300 gallons ( depending on the rate of flow )

Agreed I had a lavatory leak my bill was $30 higher from constant drip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Without knowing the specifics/details of NOLA's water bills, yours, etc...it could be escalating amounts since you mentioned various per use charges.

What do I mean by that? Well, many states require conservation to be promoted now...as part of that states/companies often encourage you to stay under a certain use threshold. One of the ways they do this is by increasing rates on additional gallons of water used.

Very simple example:

Gallons 0-1,999 may cost $2.00 per 100 gallons.
Gallons 2,000-3,499 may cost $3.00 per 100 gallons.
Gallons 3,500-XXX may cost $5.00 per 100 gallons.

In other words, they are encouraging you to try and use less by penalizing you for using more. Not sure that's the case in Louisiana or with NOLA, but your reference to various per gallons charges made me think of this aspect. Again, not sure though in this specific case.

I ain't complaining about my $70 bi monthly water & sewer bill anymore ... :covri: ... county taxes take care of garbage pickup in MS.
You Know.....I need to look and see if I am being double billed for my garbage pick-up.

Just checked....County does not bill garbage in my area, only the city does. I was so looking forward to asking them for 5 years of back garbage payments. DARN!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom