Need help with water bill in NOLA (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Dubious
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I became a home owner this past summer. My water bill has been higher and higher every month since. I don't understand my bill as there are several lines that just say "water usage" with various charges per 1000 gallons. I don't understand why there would be multiple lines with multiple prices ranging from 2.96 to 5.06. There are also 2 separate lines for "sewer volume" charges. My water charge is $67 this month.

Is that usual at all? I guess I never imagined water service would cost that much.

Not in the NOLA area anymore, but here we don't get that much detail. Cost is a little higher though. It's always at least 30-40 something for sewer and depending on usage something like mid 30s to 50s for water, sometimes with an addon for storm drainage (not sure how that part works but it's always under $10. There's some minimum charge just for having service. When I've been away for most of a month it's never below I think $56 as min. I don't think I've ever been over $100, but 90s aren't rare, and I'd say average for the year is in the 70s.

Not in the NOLA area anymore, but here we don't get that much detail. Cost is a little higher though. It's always at least 30-40 something for sewer and depending on usage something like mid 30s to 50s for water, sometimes with an addon for storm drainage (not sure how that part works but it's always under $10. There's some minimum charge just for having service. When I've been away for most of a month it's never below I think $56 as min. I don't think I've ever been over $100, but 90s aren't rare, and I'd say average for the year is in the 70s.

Thanks. With water, sewer, and trash pick up I'm looking at $70-$90. I guess that's about right then.

10% price increase took effect in January.

I have not been in Lafayette for a few years but there was some sort of tiered pricing. It had something to do with watering yards if I remember right. Maybe it was a higher rate for the first x number of gallons then a reduced rate for over that. That might be why you see multiple rates.

Sewer is of course tied to water consumption. I do not ever recall my water/sewer bill being that high though and my wife spent half her day with a a water hose in her hand watering flowers.

My bill for a very old house with a family of three ranges from around 60 to 75 a month including the sanitation fee.

My bill for a very old house with a family of three ranges from around 60 to 75 a month including the sanitation fee.

Hmmm...I'm in a new construction/renovated house with just me and my wife. We're in the Irish Channel. I'll watch it again this month after knowing that I fixed my running toilet. Maybe it ran for a couple of days without my knowing and ran up the bill.

Dude, I feel your pain. We eventually got up to $200 a month before they even sent someone out. You know what they did about it? Nothing as of yet. I got the tool to turn the water back on when they cut it off because I told them I've paid five years of water bills this year and I'm not paying another one until they do something about it.

Dude, I feel your pain. We eventually got up to $200 a month before they even sent someone out. You know what they did about it? Nothing as of yet. I got the tool to turn the water back on when they cut it off because I told them I've paid five years of water bills this year and I'm not paying another one until they do something about it.

I'm afraid of that kind of thing. My neighbor definitely has an issue with their sewerage that has apparently gone on for years without attention from the city.

Thank God for Jefferson Parish. Water bill comes every other month and a 4-bedroom has new been over $60 every bill period.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk 2

I'm afraid of that kind of thing. My neighbor definitely has an issue with their sewerage that has apparently gone on for years without attention from the city.

They should call out the sewerage police.

My first bill was high so I called company, they looked up prior 12 month history of prior owner n told me its probably your water sprinklers. Sure enough I didn't turn them on again and my bill went way down

I can't believe you guys have a water bill... I guess it makes sense, but damn... I've always been on a well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom