need help with Wii..please (1 Viewer)

Jeff Miller

Shaw 1988, NYIT 2009
Reaction score
I downloaded Donkey Kong Country for my daughter off the virtual console. When we launch the game from the main menu, the screen stays black, even though we can hear the game music in the back ground. Nothing o get actually gets the game picture to show up. I've downloaded virtutal console games on my brother's Wii before and never seen this problem. Can anyone help? Wii tech forums are useless and there is apparently is not tech spport phone number to call.

2 things, first make sure you have a classic controller or a game cube controller plugged in. If that doesn't fix it, go to your wii menu and deleate it. Once you deleate it you can redownload the game for free.

eric

Well after 5 hours, i finally figured it out. Apparently their is a issue with the interlacing of the display when using the component cables. Supposedly if you press A, 2 and Z at the same time it will change the interlacing mode, but i couldn't get that to work either.

So i changed out the component cables for the original AV cables, and it started working fine.

I gotta say, with all the talk between the 360 and the PS3, the Wii has by far given me more fits than any other console. I have set problems, connection problems, updateing problems, virtual console problems, you name it, i've seen just about ever error code their is betwen the 3 Wii's i have work on, mine, my brothers, and my sister's kids.

Each time it takes hours of internet research and trial and error configuring setpoints, routers, wireless connections, account you name it.

At to think it was designed so non tech savy people would use it. What a joke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom