Need some help from the tech heads in here (1 Viewer)

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Looking for a relatively inexpensive network storage system to rip my DVD to that can be accessed wirelessly through computers and TV in the home

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
I was going to suggest Plex, I have been a long time user. Your TV is it not Smart App capable, because the Plex app should be available, but you already probably crossed that bridge.
I think that it's just the Western Digital software. A couple of months ago I couldn't access the MyCloud on anything but a pc or my phone. Tonight, I am able to access the MyCloud on my Nvidia Shields, my phone, my tv (via VLC), and via a browser on my pc. But, I can't use the Western Digital software to access the Western Digital MyCloud.

It's likely that nothing will work next week.

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
How many DVDs are we talking? I don't really do DVDs any more, but the ones I have are ripped onto a 1TB HD and I just run a PLEX server off of my main desktop for the (very) few times that I actually need to access it. If I'm watching something from PLEX, then I'm not using the PC, so I don't care much about the performance (though it's not much of a hit anyway).

The real fun is mapping my Google Drive as a drive for PLEX via Google Drive Sync. Then I can store my stuff in the cloud (unlimited storage on Google Drive) but watch it through PLEX. Best of both worlds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom