Need some local Pizza advice (1 Viewer)

Tony1Saintfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I’m currently in the hospital at Ochners on Jefferson. I’ve had a major surgery and not looking forward to another, but have to have it. So I’m laying around craving some food and can’t get the idea of a good pizza out of my mind. I’m thinking about a small meat lovers Chicago style deep dish from that’s Amore pizza. My question is has anyon e tried their pizza and would you recommend someone else? Any input would be appreciated.

I’m currently in the hospital at Ochners on Jefferson. I’ve had a major surgery and not looking forward to another, but have to have it. So I’m laying around craving some food and can’t get the idea of a good pizza out of my mind. I’m thinking about a small meat lovers Chicago style deep dish from that’s Amore pizza. My question is has anyon e tried their pizza and would you recommend someone else? Any input would be appreciated.

Brooklyn’s pizza
Slices pizza

My two favorite in the area.

That's Amore is legit, I've had both the NY and Chicago style. The place is always packed and they don't advertise, it's all word of mouth. Their pizza beignets are awesome as well.

Good luck w/ the surgery.

Pizza Delicious is my favorite pizza in New Orleans. I haven’t been to That’s Amore, but I’ve been eyeing it for quite some time.

Pizza Delicious is my favorite pizza in New Orleans. I haven’t been to That’s Amore, but I’ve been eyeing it for quite some time.

Pizza Delicious is great, as are Brooklyn and Slice, but our dude is at at Ochsner on Jeff Hwy so his options are kinda limited...

Pizza Delicious is great, as are Brooklyn and Slice, but our dude is at at Ochsner on Jeff Hwy so his options are kinda limited...

True. If I wasn’t about to put the kid down, I’d deliver it myself. Hospital life sucks the big one.

That’s Amore is very solid. Just FYI: they use sausage with tons of anice in it, some people don’t like it.

I realized That's Amore's pizza was legit when I picked up the box and it felt like it weighed 10 pounds. A meal can be one slice only. Knife and fork style.

A. good luck with the surgery - for real
B. i only know from thin pizza
C. but really - good luck with the surgery
Thank you sir. I have an infection in my heart, and I have a defribrillator(sp). The Dr.’s think they can get rid of the infection if they remove the defibrillator. It has a good bit of risks but I am good.

True. If I wasn’t about to put the kid down, I’d deliver it myself. Hospital life sucks the big one.
You are right in general. But I have to say the people here at Ochsners have been great to me. I couldn’t ask for a better nursing staff.

I haven't lived in NO for quite a while, Tony, so I have no pizza recommendations. I do hope your next surgery goes well though.

That's Amore is legit, I've had both the NY and Chicago style. The place is always packed and they don't advertise, it's all word of mouth. Their pizza beignets are awesome as well.

Good luck w/ the surgery.
pizza beignets?! i’m sold. only person who wouldn’t get excited about that is buzd. he has poor taste for fried dough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom