Need some tips on Italy! (1 Viewer)

In Florence, get gelato at Vivoli. It's a little south and west of the Duomo if I remember my bearings there correctly. Best gelato we had. We did a 15 day about 3 years ago. Flew into Rome, did Florence (our fav), Venice, Lake Garda, Milan (terrible, except for the church, gothic architecture was awesome), Cinque Terre (we stayed in Vernazza in a family's extra bedroom with bathroom, they didn't speak English), and then went back to Florence and made day trips to Siena and Pisa.

Cinque Terre is really laid back and great. Rome is busy but is cool. If you go to Vatican City, climb to the top of St Peter's. The view into the church and out over Rome is worth it

you should really try to hit up cinque terra while your by florence. one of the most beautiful places on earth.

i would drop a bunch of recomendations to you, but although i've been to all 3, i did so on a college budget 7 years ago and i don't think you'd want to hit up the places we stayed.

There's a famous horse race up around the Tuscany region.... looked like fun to me.

In Florence, you must see the David at the Acadamia and eat at il Latini. They feed you until you literally can eat no more. Eat prosciutto and gelato often, but not together. Take the trains to look at the scenery and watch the people. Whatever you plan on spending, add another 50%. If you are close to the beach, go and lay out and drink wine all day long at least one full day.

IIRC, they're moving David outside of town to a new museum area. It's to promote the new area plus to cut down on pedestrian traffic where it it currently located. I'll see if I can find the details.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom