need to go zone (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
freddy thomas and mike mckenzie, would both benefit from zone coverage, instead of 1 on 1 all the time. i beleive the coaches at some point have to adjust the defense to fit our talents, and 1 on 1 isnt one of them. freddy is xperienced and got lot of heart, but he has lost a step he never really had. and mckenzie does his best, but he bites too often as well. boy do i miss roman harper.

Last edited:
MM was outstanding yesterday. There is no real benefit in zoning him. We play Cover 1 with safety help on FT's side of the field. The help just happened to be non-existent yesterday with Bullocks biting down on playaction.

FT would but MM is better in man than zone. i have seen this a couple of times but I think that Thomas and MM are to different.

Also, we tried that one play. Pressure came, FT stepped in front of CJ. The pressure did not get there in time, a long pass was thrown and Bullocks was not there to help. The problem with the zone is it often gives you 1-1 with the safety over the top. If the safety bites on play action or pump fakes, it's over, as shown yesterday.

if mm and ft are playing there kind of football, the blame goes to the safety? can the coaches teach speed and age? what are we going to do, is there anyone els on the roster worthy of stepping up and be a good cover corner? or are we going to trust ft gets help from the safety? just wondering

I'm wondering if it's time to put Scott in there, and see what he can do.

Can't hurt. Stoutmire's been pretty inconsistant.

You play the position of safety to do just that. You are the last line of defense on a long play. Bullocks bit CONSISTANLY on the PA. It was PATHETIC. I understand you want to stop the run, but not on practically every play. Not with those WR's. Bullocks was so out of position so many times you almost expected it before every play that he was going to be leaving the CB's high and dry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom