Neighbor's German Shepherd...... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
So, neighbor's dog was unleashed and charged me while I was riding my bike. Had to scream at it, to get it to back off. Called the police, but they told me to call animal control. Animal Control will investigate.

If the neighbor would of came out and apologized, that would of probably made it good, but nothing. If it was a Golden Retriever or lab it would of been different, because those are friendly. German Shepherds, Rots, Pitts, and Doberman Pinchers are man eaters.

What would you of done? What do you think?

1596840284828.png

Shepherds and Rottis are both herding breeds -herding breeds are typically great with people
Neither breed is aggressive by nature (really no breed is) - but they do take commands very well which is why they are used for protection
Sounds like you encountered a poorly trained (or abused) dog- probably doesn’t have anything to do with the breed

A girlfriends shepherd bit someone on the hand long ago. Cost me $1500.

I would have yelled at it to stop then I’d be hiding in the bushes at night with a BB gun.

Edit: To be sure, I would do this with all dog species equally. I 'm not falling for your discrimination trap.

Last edited:
My neighbor's dogs (a Rottweiler and a Pomeranian) get into my yard at times and will charge me the minute I step outside.

I stomp my foot or use that long range wasp spray on the little one and I heave spare bricks at the big one. Maybe if they return home injured, their owner will keep them out of my yard.

Sometimes I have to carry pepper spray (not that it'll do any good) when taking out the trash if the people across the street have their garage up because I'm not taking any chances with their ugly pitt. I've seen them try and get it to release another dog and they were useless.

I feel about other people's dogs the same way I feel about other people's kids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom