Neighbor's German Shepherd...... (1 Viewer)

If you ever find yourself in the situation where a dog is charging you the best thing you can do is stand straight up with your arms out then run at the dog while growling and bite him on the nuts.

This is hilarious!

I was walking my Catahoula one night and he alerted through the trees. I looked over and saw what I thought was a big coyote. Come to find out it was my neighbor's Gray German loose and roaming. I'm not sure if he's mean, but he has a monster bark behind his fence. I call him Beast from Sandlot. My fur dude turned into a vicious snarling hellhound, so Beast trotted off. The lesson is, have your own mean dog.

Last edited:
A German Shepard bit my face off when I was two years old. True story.

My parents were at ballroom dance classes with another couple, their best friends at the time. I was at the other peoples house and they had a baby, and a babysitter. I was apparently trying to play with the baby and their Shepard misunderstood me as a threat and bit my face.

They called my parents and rushed me to Ochsner. The bite was mostly superficial except for one tooth had damaged my tear duct in my eye. They paged their ocular micro-surgeon out of a Tulane football game and he told my parents “I can do this tonight with my C team or tomorrow morning with my A team.” They opted to wait.

The surgery was successful. The dog went to live her remaining days on a farm in Mississippi.

So, neighbor's dog was unleashed and charged me while I was riding my bike. Had to scream at it, to get it to back off. Called the police, but they told me to call animal control. Animal Control will investigate.

If the neighbor would of came out and apologized, that would of probably made it good, but nothing. If it was a Golden Retriever or lab it would of been different, because those are friendly. German Shepherds, Rots, Pitts, and Doberman Pinchers are man eaters.

What would you of done? What do you think?

1596840284828.png

Breeds are mot important. My next door neighbor has a Pitt Bull. The only danger is getting licked to death. I have a wire terrier that has drug 2 coyotes to my front door.

I own a Husky/German Shepard mix.
She looks like a lead sled dog.
The breeds are similar... Very active dogs
and very loyal to their owners.
I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter and they're best friends. Make no mistake though, my dog protects the family. You need to be friends with my dog before you can hang with her 4 1/2 yr old bestie.
My dog doesn't chase people down but mind your manners . She pretty tame but she's also an alpha.....she gets along with huskies and other breeds but every German Shepard she's come across is 2 hands on the leash.

Dogs are not meant for everyone. People that call them " fur babies" are the first that should lose ownership privileges. Dogs are animals... specifically pack animals. Have to look at life through their eyes and not expect them to look at it through yours. I have an almost 200# saint Bernard and now we have a puppy Australian Shepherd. Completely different breeds and their needs are completely different. Most people have no idea how to raise a dog properly. I've owned a bunch of different breeds and the way you raise each and the expectations change with all of them.

If you ever find yourself in the situation where a dog is charging you the best thing you can do is stand straight up with your arms out then run at the dog while growling and bite him on the nuts.

Ya know, BC. I would pay good money to watch you field-test that method of yours. I would record it and send it into America's Funniest Home Videos. I'd have the Bennie Hill chase music playing in the background. :D

PS: Be sure to remove your mask first or the attempt at the bite may not be very effective.

Last edited:
Ya know, BC. I would pay good money to watch you field-test that method of yours. I would record it and send it into America's Funniest Home Videos. I'd have the Bennie Hill chase music playing in the background. :D

PS: Be sure to remove your mask first or the attempt at the bite may not be very effective.

There was a thread awhile back asking the most scared you ever been. Mine was going to the mailbox on my newly built home. I
opened the box and felt a cold nose between both shoulders. I turned around and was looking at a 150 lb Rotweiller . My life flashed before my eyes. I'm not going to outrun or fight him. All i could do was say come here boy. He placed both paws on my shoulders and started licking my face. If that dog had bad intentions, I wouldn't be here posting this

I ride my bike at night. Late at night sometimes after midnight. I keep a 9mm strapped to the top frame of my bike because of being chased.

If a dog comes after me it's going to go home leaking.

I don't know that I've ever quoted myself, but I do find it funny that there are half a dozen face palms here and not a single comment that explains why someone might think a person ought to endure being attacked by a dog than protect himself.

Are you just dog lovers who don't realize that a bad dog can kill you? Have you ever been attacked?

I mean I ask because this is a site where I would assume most people are armed and ready to protect themselves in their homes.

Speak up. Does a person riding a bicycle at night not have the right to be safe? If a person came screaming at you and wielding a knife I suspect you'd be all for self defense. Are dogs immune?

So, neighbor's dog was unleashed and charged me while I was riding my bike. Had to scream at it, to get it to back off. Called the police, but they told me to call animal control. Animal Control will investigate.

If the neighbor would of came out and apologized, that would of probably made it good, but nothing. If it was a Golden Retriever or lab it would of been different, because those are friendly. German Shepherds, Rots, Pitts, and Doberman Pinchers are man eaters.

What would you of done? What do you think?

1596840284828.png
Get you one of these. That dog wanted no part of the cat. The cat then comes back to guard the child.

We have two savage attack cats and, while terribly expensive, they're more effective than machine guns and artillery.

My buddy asked me to walk his German Shepard while he was away on business.

I typically walked the dog in the morning before work, but one morning I was running late and had to go during lunch.

when I got there at lunch, he wasn’t in his normal spot.

i walked to the backyard and saw him by the pool. And my buddy’s mom was there. I guess she came by to feed him or check on him.

but I saw this dog humping her leg and so do I tell my buddy about his dog or nah?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom