Neighbors up to something? (1 Viewer)

My neighbors generally love me, I just leave them alone. When I left Florida, my neighbors were all bummed out. They said, "no matter who moves in, it will be a down grade from you". I really don't care how people behave, unless it effects me directly, or they are causing themselves harm. Helped one of my neighbors from getting his face stomped in; He was drunk, and wanted to start a fight with another neighbor. Asked him to come over and have a beer, before things escalated.

Live and let live. If they are up to no good, eventually that stuff catches up to them. People need to respect each other's privacy. Do you want your neighbors spying on you? Common courtesy.
SO.MUCH.THIS. Neighbors can be great but not if they think you want to control them. OP, you start out with "assuming this is drug related". It could be. It could also not be. Why jump to there? It may be odd. But it also might not be. It may be odd to you, it may even be odd to me, but there could be a WHOLE lot of people it's not odd to. Sometimes -- and here, lately, a lot because, you know, end of times and all -- I walk out in my neighborhood very late at night because it makes me feel better and I talk to God -- out loud. If someone saw me (as far as I know, no one has) or heard me, since no one else is doing it, they would think it ODD.

Last edited:
Umm, they probably out of tp.
Don't want to put it down the sewer/septic or leave it in the trash.

My neighbors generally love me, I just leave them alone. When I left Florida, my neighbors were all bummed out. They said, "no matter who moves in, it will be a down grade from you". I really don't care how people behave, unless it effects me directly, or they are causing themselves harm. Helped one of my neighbors from getting his face stomped in; He was drunk, and wanted to start a fight with another neighbor. Asked him to come over and have a beer, before things escalated.

Live and let live. If they are up to no good, eventually that stuff catches up to them. People need to respect each other's privacy. Do you want your neighbors spying on you? Common courtesy.
This this this. Leave him alone and let him burn stuff.

Call 911, report it as a fire you think is happening at "address here" and you can't tell whether anyone is home or where it s coming from. Identify yourself as a passerby rather than the neighbor.

Fire department comes out, neighbor gives an explanation, and likely gets spooked if it is something illegal and stops the activity.

If it is not something illegal and is something he is indeed allowed to do in his yard, then the next step would be to knock on his door and kindly ask him to stop because the smoke is entering your home. It doesn't have to be confrontational, but just make sure he knows what he is doing is not convenient for others (he very well may not realize he is disturbing you). Introduce yourself, in the beginning, and after telling him the situation, make small talk, get to know each other a little, thank him and tell him it was great to meet you, the end.

And if all of that doesn't work....go get some water balloons and fill them with gas, and let the Neighbor War begin.

This this this. Leave him alone and let him burn stuff.

But what if the guy doesn't want to smell burning stuff in his home? I think this is a general right anyone should not have to deal with on a constant basis. Once or twice, sure. But if someone is routinely ruining my air quality and it bothers me, I am going to do something about it. Being able to breath fresh air in your own home is a right anyone should have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom