Neighbors up to something? (1 Viewer)

If the guy doesn't take care of his yard, I don't know how likely it is that he is going to start gardening.
Does this guy live with others who are now mysteriously missing?
His son was kicked out of the house recently. Don't know who he lives with now, but I wouldn't say he is missing. Granted that's all information obtained from my daughter who used to ride the bus with the son.

Got a better look this morning through some gaps in the fence. Neighbors are never up early so figured it was safe enough. Looks to be leaves, sticks, typical brush fire type stuff but also clothes. Or at least what appeared to be the sleeve of a shirt hanging over the lip of a small barrel. It was still smoldering this morning and the tables were still in place for shielding either wind or line of sight. idk. Anyway the smell is definitely different than simply burning leaves. That aroma is somewhat pleasant to me. This one is not.

A bunch of dudes live there you say? Hmmm, sounds like they could be running a "soup kitchen". Do they own a Prius and does one of them answer to Dirty Mike?

Got a better look this morning through some gaps in the fence. Neighbors are never up early so figured it was safe enough. Looks to be leaves, sticks, typical brush fire type stuff but also clothes. Or at least what appeared to be the sleeve of a shirt hanging over the lip of a small barrel. It was still smoldering this morning and the tables were still in place for shielding either wind or line of sight. idk. Anyway the smell is definitely different than simply burning leaves. That aroma is somewhat pleasant to me. This one is not.
Do they have electricity connected? Maybe he is cooking his meals?

One way to find out is just ask him. Act like you just stumbled upon him being out there and say hey neighbor what you got goin on over here with this setup? Two things will likely happen. One he will tell you what he is doing, or two he will tell you to mind your own business and if he is up to something he will relocate his setup so you can't be all into his business.

Oh yea, there is a third outcome but lets not get all gory at this time.

My neighbors generally love me, I just leave them alone. When I left Florida, my neighbors were all bummed out. They said, "no matter who moves in, it will be a down grade from you". I really don't care how people behave, unless it effects me directly, or they are causing themselves harm. Helped one of my neighbors from getting his face stomped in; He was drunk, and wanted to start a fight with another neighbor. Asked him to come over and have a beer, before things escalated.

Live and let live. If they are up to no good, eventually that stuff catches up to them. People need to respect each other's privacy. Do you want your neighbors spying on you? Common courtesy.

Maybe someone can help me here. I'm assuming this is drug related but I'm ignorant on a lot of that so I'm unsure.

My neighbor keeps burning brush piles near his carport. The carport tucks around behind the house so you can't see from the street and I can't normally see because of the fence, but I've gotten nosy because it's happening a lot recently (or maybe I'm noticing more being home with Corona) and it's a very odd location for a brush pile. He doesn't keep up with his yard at all so even the idea of him burning leaves/grass clippings seems odd. Today I peaked over the fence and he has folding tables turned on their side on three sides of the burning brush pile, the shared fence serves as the fourth side.

Do meth cookers ever burn a brush pile to disguise the smell of cooking meth? I can't think of any other reason why a brush pile would be burned so close to ones house.
Sounds like Soup Can Dan is your neighbor. If you ask him if you can borrow some he will give you some. Then you'll have your answer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom