Neither Dorsey nor Ellis goes past #9... (1 Viewer)

i meant imagine if right now in a fictional draft we have the #8 pick, Atlanta has the #9 and Ravens got #10. Say we want a OL at #8. Atlanta wants a DT and so do the ravens. the ravens call us b/c they want the DT. We are rivals with atlanta so why don't we trade back two picks still get the guy we want and hurt atlanta at the same time.

This is what i hope we can do to the Bengals with the ravens. Bengals are rumored to want a DT. So wy don't we just trade with a division rival of the bengals. I think it will be hard for the bengals to move up unless they give up tons of stuff because of being in the AFC and the point system. #4 oakland #5 chiefs #6 jets #7 new england #8 Ravens #9 Bengals. all are AFC so if we can just survive till #7 and it would be great if a Dallas trade happens so we can have a QB or other Offense player fall if mcfadden is selected by Dallas. we could possibly end up with Ellis or Dorsey. the only other team the makes me nervous is new england. they are know to want to accumulate picks but i can see them go CB or LB.

OK, thats what I thought you meant, LOL.

I see the angle now, 4,5,6,7, and 8 are all AFC.

I have suggested on other posts that if we do trade, why not NE at 7? So, as I read posts on this trade stuff I see us trading over Cincy as if they have no choices.

What's to stop them from moving ahead of 8, with the trade to 7? Because NE would'n trade with an AFC team? No. I guess I mean that since everyone else can possibly trade up, why do we assume no one will.

I don't think I have this worded right, I hope ya'll see what I'm saying.

ddd

You mean the bengals to #7? I think the Pats could do that with them but it will be for some serious stuff. the pats have a rep for accumulating picks but i can see it happening. They can still get their CB or LB they want. So i hope the saints trade to either #7 or #8. I think this is the battleground area for us. #7 or #8.

I would say, in reading all the mock drafts and doing the best reasoning I can muster, Dorsey has taken all the draft "hits" at this point regarding his health. I believe that he begins to rise again and ends up somewhere in the top six. So you end up getting Dorsey, Jake Long, Chris Long, Matt Ryan, McFadden, and Gholston in the top 6, I have no idea about the exact order, but I feel relatively confident those are the guys in the top 6. Per the value chart, to move up to #7 (New England) would cost a 3rd round pick. If the Saints want Sedrick Ellis, basically it comes down to giving up a 3rd round pick to New England. If you want Ellis, there is no reason to monkeying around trying to move to 8. Just pull the trigger and move to #7 if you want the guy.

if he is as good as advertised then i say pull the trigger. i mean if we have a big push up the middle that would be awesome. In the 2nd get a WLB or CB. in the fifth get Jacob Hester.

I would say, in reading all the mock drafts and doing the best reasoning I can muster, Dorsey has taken all the draft "hits" at this point regarding his health. I believe that he begins to rise again and ends up somewhere in the top six. So you end up getting Dorsey, Jake Long, Chris Long, Matt Ryan, McFadden, and Gholston in the top 6, I have no idea about the exact order, but I feel relatively confident those are the guys in the top 6. Per the value chart, to move up to #7 (New England) would cost a 3rd round pick. If the Saints want Sedrick Ellis, basically it comes down to giving up a 3rd round pick to New England. If you want Ellis, there is no reason to monkeying around trying to move to 8. Just pull the trigger and move to #7 if you want the guy.

Thanks Dan,

I didn't know the value chart, but I remembered we traded a first and 3rd to move up from? to 13 for J. Brown. I know it was only a couple of spots and cost a 3rd to do it. I was afraid from 10 to 7 might cost a 2nd, giving me great doubts about doing it.

If we can get 7 and Ellis or Dorsey for our 1 and 3, I'm agreeable to that, with an open bottle of Vodka in my hand as we make the move. Gulp!

ddd

would if ellis or dorsey is as good as Haynesworth? the point is we get a good player under contract and we can still sign will smith. I think we need a great front 7 so we can win some ball games. remember when thomas went out for the four game suspension in 06? i think we need to correct the front 7 while we can this season and address the secondary especially CB next season. we built through the draft and now have a solid defense in just 2 seasons. defensive line and oline is where the games are won. i think we have a shot at making sure we have a very good Dline. A WLB in the 2nd will be great.

I think Payton can find great offensive talent. look at the oline we drafted or got via trades under payton. i think next year we just fill in the blanks which shouldnt be many. i believe this year we have been smart and really made us solid for the future. only problem is we have to sign some of our players long term which i think happens after this years draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom