Neo-Nazi Police Chief resigns but gets rehired one town over (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
yeah...this is a fun one
Cop with a neo-Nazi past resigned — then got hired by a different Oklahoma department

After Bart Alsbrook was promoted to interim police chief of the Colbert Police Department last year, the man’s past ties to white supremacist groups began to surface.
Those accusations led Alsbrook to resign last August from the Oklahoma police department, The Daily Beast reported, but he was just hired as a reserve police officer by the nearby Achille Police Department.

The world needs more Walt Longmire.
That’s a good lawman.
I don’t like this one either Guido.

would the people who hired him be culpable as well?

If this guy is sued for police brutality an/or constitutional rights violations then there is a high likelihood the city would be liable for damages.

Its just a dumb move all around.

would the people who hired him be culpable as well?

It's not really about his own culpability - Jim is saying that it sets up an easy defense for minorities charged with crimes. There's caselaw that says that it is relevant (a history by an officer or police leadership) and can be used by the defense to argue bias against the suspect.

So most well-run prosecution organizations (DA+police) are keen to avoid hiring law enforcement with that kind of history because it just puts a drag on your ability to get convictions.

It's good when you can find qualified Nazis nearby instead of having to look out of state for law enforcement.

Achille Ok... I had to look that place up... Population... 492.. Cops 2.. Right by the Texas border. Then it hit me.

long story short... I rode my motorcycle from OKC to Savannah GA, through Tenn, Ark Florida Ms. Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and New Orleans one year.. No problems at all.

Coming back home, as soon as I crossed the Oklahoma State line I hit that town the cop pulled me over and wrote me a ticket...

It's not really about his own culpability - Jim is saying that it sets up an easy defense for minorities charged with crimes. There's caselaw that says that it is relevant (a history by an officer or police leadership) and can be used by the defense to argue bias against the suspect.

So most well-run prosecution organizations (DA+police) are keen to avoid hiring law enforcement with that kind of history because it just puts a drag on your ability to get convictions.
it was an additional question...
say this officer pulls over a Mexican Jew - -hands are thrown - the victim has a case
are the people who knowingly hired a nazi responsible criminally?

Achille Ok... I had to look that place up... Population... 492.. Cops 2.. Right by the Texas border. Then it hit me.

long story short... I rode my motorcycle from OKC to Savannah GA, through Tenn, Ark Florida Ms. Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and New Orleans one year.. No problems at all.

Coming back home, as soon as I crossed the Oklahoma State line I hit that town the cop pulled me over and wrote me a ticket...

Joe my wife and I got stopped coming back from mid Texas two days ago. Front license plate warning. Officer was courteous and thanked us for our ‘courtesy’ as well. For me every instance has been this way, if I comply.
I fully admit part of that is my being Caucasian.

we're not going to traipse down this path again, are we?

Y2dbN1k.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom