Nerf - WT??? (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
k, so before xmas, i asked the wife to get the 7yr old a Nerf basketball
(he has an over the door backboard, and the ball that came with it can be kinda loud, so...nerf)
she comes back with this weird volleyball sized foam wiffle sort of thing - i just figured 'well...she tried'

so today I'm at the Target and the boy is looking at the toys and i glanced over and saw the Nerf wall
didn't really think anything of it and then I saw the ball she got-- well let me see how easy it is to find the bball
so I saw one Nerf basketball with the goal
then i saw one football
then i realized that was IT in terms of balls

the other 30+ products on the wall were all weapons

1 basketball (with goal) - none separate
1 football
30+ weapons

WTH?? is everyone ok with this?

this seems very, very wrong no?

christ that stuff is expensive. Spend another bill and just get them a handgun. me and my cousin had to throw real darts at each other I don't even think we had an ER visit for that episode.

Supply and demand my friend. If they would sell a butt load of footballs, then they would have more on the shelf

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?!

Seriously, they're not in the business of raising children. They're in the business of making money.

I don't necessarily see what's wrong with it though. I had an arsenal of toy guns when i was a kid. Kids know the difference between pretend violence and real violence. If not, we should be more concerned with their video games and television. It's much more realistic than a Nerf gun.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?!

Seriously, they're not in the business of raising children. They're in the business of making money.

I don't necessarily see what's wrong with it though. I had an arsenal of toy guns when i was a kid. Kids know the difference between pretend violence and real violence. If not, we should be more concerned with their video games and television. It's much more realistic than a Nerf gun.

Not really blaming Nerf
It's the culture that seems wildly skewed
And remember, it wasn't "some" guns
30+ weapons vs 2 (TWO) balls

Not really blaming Nerf

I know, I was just playing. There's no denying our society is somewhat violence-crazed. That's not a good thing, but if children are raised properly it's not a huge deal. The problem is when you have a society that glamorizes violence along with poorly raised children.

Admittedly, that's oversimplifying a complex issue. But when you boil away the other nonsense, I think there is generally a breakdown in the home before there is a breakdown in the individual which allows these dangerous seeds to germinate. And by breakdown in the home, I don't mean single-parent households, for the record.

Get the kid a real out door basketball goal and ball for crying out loud.

For rainy days, get him this...

1081E23750569047F5260E0410479134.jpg

Not really blaming Nerf
..and for the most part, the dart ammo is separate and distinct for each gun, not interchangeable at all. I know this because my son's arsenal is up to 15 different nerf guns.

Last time we had a battle he took the rapid-fire machine gun and I got the "sucky single shot." No matter, I am a crack shot and tuned his noggin like a cheap piano :ezbill:

I had to redeem myself after our light-sabre battle in which I had the weapon pointed the wrong way, pressed the button to extend the weapon and promptly nadded myself, much to Carter's delight :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom