Nervous Anticipation (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Whenever we take off on a mission or flight in general, there is a bit of nervous anticipation on my end. Not because something might go wrong, but because what we are trying to do is right and I don't want it to end.

I am getting the same feeling right now. Not because football is so important in the overall scheme of life - it's not, but because this team has really made an effort to connect with all of us. The relationship we have built with this this team and organization. The real culture of it developed strong over the course of many years now. So much since Katrina. We now have Deuce in the radio booth. Along with Mr. Eligible Receiver, who has also invested into the community in a number of visible ways. My pregame radio routine would not be complete without Steve Kort. Steve Gleason. Scott Fujita. Reggie Bush coming back- and often. Even pre-Katrina legends, The Beer Man. Joe Horn. Ricky Jackson - I smile every time I see one of his #57 fuel trucks around town. The Canjun Cannon. It's apparent they love this place and us.

They've opened up the locker room this season like never before to let us watch the celebrations. Wheelbarrows filled with cash and armed guards. Kamara's smile. Ingram's video antics - 'Awww, look at the details'. The ITK Trio dancing 'Choppa Style' on the video screens. Bree's efforts as a flag-football coach. Cam94's cerebralness. 'Us vs. Them' videos.

On the field it continues as well. Brees' greatness. The O-line dominance. Can't Stop Mike. Ingram and Kamara - the Ragging Bull and the smiling Cheetah. Their post-game pontificating: Kamara: “This is the best punter in the league.” Ingram: “And he don’t even punt.” Yeah, Morstead's bionic leg. The Stormin' Mormon running all over the field because he loves the game. Sean's post-game quips - 'next question', 'things we need to clean-up', 'listen'. The perfection we have come to expect from these artists.

I don't want it to end either - win or lose this weekend or next or after the Super Bowl and that's selfish. Against every one of my beliefs, but so be it.

I'm nervous, but that's a happy thing.

Well said WildlifeAviation.

Who Dat!!
Geaux Saints!!! ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom