Netflix Expanding Into Video Games (1 Viewer)

That is interesting. I don’t imagine there is any way to make the logistics work to rent console games. Given what they compete with, I would imagine the smart play is to go after kid games so they can even further incentivize parents to keep their account. The main problem for streaming services, from their perspective, has to be no contract. I switch back and forth between services but I know many parents won’t switch off Netflix because of the kids. If it’s anything like Apple Arcade, then it won’t be of interest to many of us here.

sounds like a wonderful idea if you like playing sheetty f2p games

sounds like a wonderful idea if you like playing sheetty f2p games

Probably, but there are no specifics about what their plan is. Not sure if it's going to be stuff like Peggle or if it's going to be like Stadia. It's also possible, although unlikely, they want to get involved as a publisher of AAA stuff or even a developer of content. I don't think it has to be games connected to their current platform for streaming. The dude they hired worked for EA and then for Facebook brining games to the Oculus so it's not like he's really a F2P game guy.

Ha, i seent that

that definitely makes things more interesting if it’s true

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom