Netflix: House of Cards (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
So... Netflix has outbid HBO and AMC for a highly anticipated TV series. It's based on the British political mini-series (which was based on a Michael Dobbs novel) of the same name that's been one of Netflix's more popular downloads. I thought that they took a leap forward wioth Spartacus and Wizards of Waverly Place be releasing content the day after airing (like HULU), but this signals a brave new world for online video content. No more "paying for already viewed TV" here folks. Netflix will be producing original content.

I'll let that soak in for a second.

The series will see at least 26 episodes and will star Kevin Spacey. Executive Producer David Fincher will head up the series. Yeah, THAT David Fincher.

I'm all in. It's time the paradigm moves toward online viewing. I haven't had cable in years.

This is beautiful. Now if only we could get good internet service.

Yep... ironic that this was announced during the same week as AT&T's announcement to start capping broadband. Damn I wish there was more competition amongst ISP's.

I hope Netflix really goes full force into producing it owns content. I would pay 20 dollars a month for HBO quality content.

yep... Ironic that this was announced during the same week as at&t's announcement to start capping broadband. Damn i wish there was more competition amongst isp's.

there can be only one!

So, did anyone start watching this yesterday? What you think

I seen the first one this morning. Mixed feelings about it, but it can potentially be very good. I just don't see it appealing to a large audience though, because you have to be semi-knowledgeable about the day to day rumblings of DC to really get it. Could be hard to really follow if you are not vaguely familiar with how political posturing works at least on a basic level.

I tried to watch it last night, but I passed out halfway through. I'm going to have to try again.

I like Kevin Spacey though.

It really kept my attention as there is a lot happening. I'm looking forward to viewing all 13 episodes, especially since getting a Blu ray player that streams Netflix in 1080/5.1.

It really kept my attention as there is a lot happening. I'm looking forward to viewing all 13 episodes, especially since getting a Blu ray player that streams Netflix in 1080/5.1.

Crazy they put up all 13 at once. Does not make too much economical sense, since this $100m gamble needs to increase costumer retention and subscriber base to pay off. For instance, I'll be half way through by tomorrow and I'm sure I'll be finished sometime next week, so this show will have zero to do with my decision to stay with Netflix or not by next weekend, no matter how good it is. Had they went with the traditional one new episode per week, my retention would have been guaranteed for the next 3 months.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom