Netflix: Narcos (2 Viewers)

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U7elNhHwgBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saw an ad for this today and am completely intrigued by the subject. Also, Netflix has a ton of credit with me after HoC, Bloodline, and Daredevil to name a few.

I'll watch it, but as someone with Colombian blood, it won't be that easy...

If Bloodline worth starting? I admit to enjoying Kyle Chandler in FNL, but outside of that he's been forgettable. I haven't really heard much about the series either, so not sure if it's worth the time. I did see the series had some connections to the Damages Producer/Director.

Did the Red Viper make an appearance in the trailer? If so, I missed it. I thought he was playing Pablo Escobar in this series (or maybe just assumed), but that clearly wasn't him.

Did the Red Viper make an appearance in the trailer? If so, I missed it. I thought he was playing Pablo Escobar in this series (or maybe just assumed), but that clearly wasn't him.

He is shown in there a couple times very briefly. He is going to be the Mexican DEA agent going after Pablo Escobar.

If Bloodline worth starting? I admit to enjoying Kyle Chandler in FNL, but outside of that he's been forgettable. I haven't really heard much about the series either, so not sure if it's worth the time. I did see the series had some connections to the Damages Producer/Director.

Huh, I actually think Kyle Chandler is great in everything.

I thought the entire cast of Bloodlines did a great job. It was a very well acted show, especially the guy who played Danny (Ben Mendelson).

While the acting is great, the show is very (very) slow. The plot and characters have some pretty big stakes, but it takes awhile to get there. The first episode begins with a flash forward so that you can see what those stakes are that they are building to, but just know that it builds slowly.

I thought it was worth it and enjoyed the show (especially the performances) but you have to be able to enjoy a slow burn.

If you enjoy character dramas that slowly build up, then you'll enjoy Bloodline. I really liked it. It's still better than almost any show I've watched on network TV.

it peels the onion slowly, but the last 4 episodes are very well paced and appropriately balanced as far as what the stakes are for our characters. You know what happens, how they get there is gripping.

I snapped a pic of him in the trailer... he plays Javier Pena. I missed it the first time too.

Attachments

• javier pena.JPG
    javier pena.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 274
It came out today... which is cool since I've been looking for a new show to watch.

Just FYI, hopefully it's as good as it looks.

Watched the Columbian series on Pablo Escobar. Good aeries if you can watch 100 episodes all in Spanish.

I'm actually enjoying it. I'd say about 2/3 of the actors are COLOMBIAN (that was for you bclemms lol), they've got the slang down to a tee, and from what I've gathered, it was filmed in Bogota. That being said, it still brings up reminders of growing up in a Colombian household in the U.S. as a kid dealing w/ the stigma of my background b/c of the cartels and drug trade. Red Viper is killing it... Eerie seeing all those Renault 4's, 9's, 12's, etc, that were all over Colombia when I'd visit as a kid.... oh and the bird sounds... takes me back in an instant... soundtrack is pretty sweet too... The violence is prominent, but I expected it...

Pretty good show so far. But now I am going to go back and find out some of the things I can't remember if they are made up or if they actually happened since there is a disclaimer that they did make some things more dramatic than they actually were or changed certain things.

enjoyed the show well down another show I had to binge watch , looking forward to season 4 of longmire

I'm actually enjoying it. I'd say about 2/3 of the actors are COLOMBIAN (that was for you bclemms lol), they've got the slang down to a tee, and from what I've gathered, it was filmed in Bogota. That being said, it still brings up reminders of growing up in a Colombian household in the U.S. as a kid dealing w/ the stigma of my background b/c of the cartels and drug trade. Red Viper is killing it... Eerie seeing all those Renault 4's, 9's, 12's, etc, that were all over Colombia when I'd visit as a kid.... oh and the bird sounds... takes me back in an instant... soundtrack is pretty sweet too... The violence is prominent, but I expected it...

Was in Colombia not long ago. Love Ajiaco and the Renaults are still there. :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom