Netflix: Narcos (3 Viewers)

Yeah, you only caught a glimpse of what happened w/ the chopper...

It could also double as one long liquor commercial. Every other scene somebody is drinking from a glass with their legs crossed. Drug game sure is fancy in Colombia.

I lived in San Antonio, Tachira Venezuela for two years as a missionary for the LDS church during the "Golpe de Estado" from 2001-2003. San Antonio is right on the boarder of Colombia and Venezuela. If it wasn't MVR vs Venezuelan citizens in the streets, it was the drug cartels shooting things up.

One night at about 8:45pm, we are walking by a soccer field, and some big scary guy tells us we better hurry to wherever we are going. My companion from Moscow, Idaho didn't understand much Spanish, and he was new to the area, so he didn't know how things worked around those parts, so I told him "Elder, book it." We got to our appartment (about 2 blocks from la cancha) and this other guy comes walking by in soccer garb, and in my stupidity I start talking gospel stuff with him (because I have a feeling that he is headed to that soccer field). We stop and talk for about 15 min. and like thunder out of the sky, or fireworks on the 4th of July, gun shots start sounding loud and clear and we jump into our apartment. The firing goes on for about 10 min. and I am just through the window towards the field (we lived on the middle of a hill, so we could look down on the city). The field was usually lit up, but they shot out all but one of the lights, and that was enough I guess for them to see who they were shooting. The next day we found out that 20+ guys were killed, and another 10 were injured. Later that week we are at a bodega getting some sodas and this guy walks up behind us and pays for our drinks. He was the guy we stopped to talk with the night prior. He was on his way to that soccer field, and he was thankful to us for saving his life.

That little pocket of land "La Gran Colombia" is one beautiful yet wild place. Watching Narcos brings me back to those days some 15 years ago. Wild times as a missionary for the church.

i mean, c'mon

Mexican location scout Carlos Muñoz Portal was shot to death in a violent region in central Mexico Monday while scouting for season four of Netflix’s hit show “Narcos.” The seasoned scout, who worked for Stacy Perskie’s Mexico City-based production company Redrum, has a slew of high profile credits to his name, including, “Sicario,” “Spectre,” “Fast & Furious” and “Apocalypto.”

Netflix issued the following statement: “We are aware of the passing of Carlos Muñoz Portal, a well-respected location scout, and send our condolences to his family. The facts surrounding his death are still unknown as authorities continue to investigate.

Location Scout for Netflix

Whelp, it’s here. I will probably plow through this one over the next 2 weeks since we have friends and family in town over these next two weeks.

Interested to see Michael Peña in a serious role. I know that he did End Of Watch, and a few other serious roles, but I know him as Luis from Ant Man.

Last edited:
my lovely wife hates this show cuz it's exhausting reading it. i love this show cuz she's quiet as i'm reading it.

my lovely wife hates this show cuz it's exhausting reading it. i love this show cuz she's quiet as i'm reading it.

For me, is very distracting, especially when they use slang, because I keep looking that the subtitles to see how they translated it. I wish Netflix would offer a version without the subtitles.

I enjoyed the Escobar seasons, and watched the first Mexico season, but I kind of lost interest and probably won't commit to this one.

Funny that they bleeped out the names of the Salinas De Gortari brothers, but name just about everyone else.

Well, this one had a bit too much dramatic license.

I wonder of they are going to continue the series. Chapo and Zetas are next in the chronology.

Well, this one had a bit too much dramatic license.

I wonder of they are going to continue the series. Chapo and Zetas are next in the chronology.

I don't know since they already put out a season of El Chapo on Netflix already...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom