Netflix officially joins the fight against data caps (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to see them make the leap and the join the fight against ISPs and their "Pay to Play" policy. Hopefully the FCC agrees with their filing and call the ISPs to the carpet.

Netflix says that broadband Internet data caps are unreasonable, unfair, and serve no legitimate purpose in the marketplace. The streaming video giant is asking the FCC to pressure Internet providers to stop charging customers based on how much Internet they use, so that people can—among other things—stream as much Netflix as they want, without paying extra.

Comcast and other home Internet providers have slowly been instituting these caps—or “data thresholds,” as they prefer to call them—in select markets around the country. The plans allow Internet providers to charge customers more when they surpass a monthly data allotment.

Netflix Asks FCC to Stop Comcast Internet Data Cap Plans

My house I rent out of town for work I have no choice if I want internet. Armstrong is horrible and I have a cap, I go over every single month. Something really needs to be done about it ASAP. I have never heard of being capped before until I got here. It's a real pain...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom