[NETFLIX] The Haunting of Hill House (Probably Spoilers Inside) (1 Viewer)

FullMonte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I can't believe thre isn't already a thread about this.

What a great, chilling, horror series. Well produced, and very well thought out. It even does a good job of giving a very clear, spelled out ending....that is still full of questions.

i know we talked about it
maybe it was in a general TV thread
awesome show
maybe like Stranger Things where it goes on to expand its genre

Love how NetFlix presented in like they did. They gave you the answers, then leaked the questions out later. Those last 2 episodes were an awesome way to close it out!

It was fantastic except for the SUPER cheesy song at the end and a similar cheesy song in the middle of the season. Totally didn't work on any level and to make matters worse the lyrics clashed with the dialogue.

Bent-neck lady scared the bejesus out of me.

We just finished it the other night. Loved it! The family dynamics between each sibling and the siblings and Hugh was well done. Kept my wife and I guessing about how everything happened.

It was fantastic except for the SUPER cheesy song at the end and a similar cheesy song in the middle of the season. Totally didn't work on any level and to make matters worse the lyrics clashed with the dialogue.

Bent-neck lady scared the bejesus out of me.
Agree totally about the ending music---sounded like an episode of This Is Us

Looks like the next installment is up
Haunting of Bly Manor (I think it’s called)
2nd season (bly) was great.

was hesitant to watch, some reviews made it out to be overly complicated, but i found it to be a nice interweave of subplots.

part of the series really hits home. the feeling of glued to a place just because. that is how i feel about transplanting to baton rouge. i feel "glued" here. in '08 was a temporary move till could resettle in nola or jp etc. fast forward to '20, still here.

enjoyed

2nd season (bly) was great.

was hesitant to watch, some reviews made it out to be overly complicated, but i found it to be a nice interweave of subplots.

part of the series really hits home. the feeling of glued to a place just because. that is how i feel about transplanting to baton rouge. i feel "glued" here. in '08 was a temporary move till could resettle in nola or jp etc. fast forward to '20, still here.

enjoyed

I didn't like it as much as Hill House, but I did enjoy it a lot. The last episode felt more drawn out than the end of Return of the King. It just kept going and going and going.

Lots of good scares though and like you said it wasn't too complex. I felt like it was just right and they explained everything in a way that left no questions at the end.

Haven't seen the 2nd season yet, but I read that it is a reimagining of Henry James' "A Turn of the Screw".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom