Netflix's Leah Remini: Scientology The Aftermath (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Man, I have been binging this series and WOOOOOWZERS! The stuff that is revealed in this show. I am amazed that the FBI hasn't stormed their compounds and shut this thing ALL of the way down. And not for their personal beliefs but how they have by all definitions of the words, kidnapped, imprisoned and tortured members who are considered dissenters of the faith. An in other cases rape and extortion apply. Have you guys seen any of these episodes?

Man, I have been binging this series and WOOOOOWZERS! The stuff that is revealed in this show. I am amazed that the FBI hasn't stormed their compounds and shut this thing ALL of the way down. And not for their personal beliefs but how they have by all definitions of the words, kidnapped, imprisoned and tortured members who are considered dissenters of the faith. An in other cases rape and extortion apply. Have you guys seen any of these episodes?

Watched every episode a few years ago when it first aired.. i was aware of some of the things they covered, since I’ve actually known a couple of $cientologists and have been subject to attempted ‘recruitment’ a couple times.. But i did learn some new stuff from the Remini series and Going Clear.. in the Remini show specifically, some of the eps really tugged at the heart with stories about families that have been torn apart... the ones who were able to escape were really brave.

Last edited:
Once they got tax exempt status for being a "church," it makes it very difficult for the government to get them. Also, their Office of Special Affairs rivals the CIA.

Yeah, saw it when it was on A&E. I'm slowly going back through it. Some former Scientologists have podcasts and ewe tube channels I listen to including Leah and Mike rinder now.

It is puzzling how people get into cults. I'm fairly certain I'm thankfully not looking for whatever it is people who join cults are looking for nor do I have the millions of dollars to give to David Miscavage.

Last edited:
She did an episode about the Jehovah’s Witness cult. Very telling and truthful. I encourage anyone to watch that. It is crazy how they control people.

Yeah, saw it when it was on A&E. I'm slowly going back through it. Some former Scientologists have podcasts and ewe tube channels I listen to including Leah and Mike rinder now.

It is puzzling how people get into cults. I'm fairly certain I'm thankfully not looking for whatever it is people who join cults are looking for nor do I have the millions of dollars to give to David Miscavage.

I have an old friend that is in the Q cult. He is a far right Christian type that spews (at least to me) what is supposed to be very un-Christian rhetoric. It was shocking to me at first but I've slowly begun to realize that I think there was something missing in his life (an emptiness that he felt) as he went through a bad early marriage and some hard times and was looking for something to feel a part of. And he found, what he defines as religion and these insane beliefs and they somehow make him feel...useful or something.

The sad thing is his early 20's self would have never fallen into that trap. I guess it just really bothers me in a lot of ways.

i love the scientology followers, yet, people doubt the flying spaghetti monster (which is 10000000x more times realistic).

Did you know that, based on scripture and physical evidence, it was the Maya gods Tepeu and Gucumatz who created humankind? :hihi:

She did an episode about the Jehovah’s Witness cult. Very telling and truthful. I encourage anyone to watch that. It is crazy how they control people.

I was talking the other night with some neighbors i’ve gotten to know a little bit over the course of the pandemic.. They are a couple from Chicago, and we’ve shared a few laughs when there wasnt a whole lot of other human interaction.. Anyway, i was walking my dog the other night, ran into them and we got to talking about the election; i asked them ‘Where did yall vote?’, meaning what location/precinct b/c the one where i voted had a two hr line for early voting.. She goes, ‘I was raised Jehovah’s Witness, so i dont vote’.. Kinda shocked me, since every time we talk, she has VERY strong political opinions, yet she (and her boyfriend as well) didnt vote this year or, presumably , ever.. wild stuff, and i even told them ‘I was today years old when i found out that Jehovah’s Witnesses dont vote.’

Is Miscavage's wife still "missing"? She hasn't been seen in public since the late 2000s and no one seems to think it's alarming. 🤨
Yep. Supposedly the police did a welfare check on her in Hemet, CA and talked to her but who trusts that the police aren't in Co$ pocket in that town?

I was talking the other night with some neighbors i’ve gotten to know a little bit over the course of the pandemic.. They are a couple from Chicago, and we’ve shared a few laughs when there wasnt a whole lot of other human interaction.. Anyway, i was walking my dog the other night, ran into them and we got to talking about the election; i asked them ‘Where did yall vote?’, meaning what location/precinct b/c the one where i voted had a two hr line for early voting.. She goes, ‘I was raised Jehovah’s Witness, so i dont vote’.. Kinda shocked me, since every time we talk, she has VERY strong political opinions, yet she (and her boyfriend as well) didnt vote this year or, presumably , ever.. wild stuff, and i even told them ‘I was today years old when i found out that Jehovah’s Witnesses dont vote.’
Ever since my first political discussion with an adult when I was old enough to talk politics but not yet vote myself, I have been shocked when ANY adult -- but especially one with vociferous opinions -- says they don't vote. If I'm planning to opt out of the process, I keep my trap shut.

Once they got tax exempt status for being a "church," it makes it very difficult for the government to get them. Also, their Office of Special Affairs rivals the CIA.
The show explained how they got tax exempt status. Miscavige went into the IRS headquarters and offered a ceasefire on the individualistic campaign of terror the scientologists were waging on IRS employees if tax exemption was granted and the director ACCEPTED it.

Think about that. The scientologists were terrorizing individual IRS employees with lies and smear campaigns. And through sheer terror, they extorted tax exempt status. I can't even imagine how this was allowed. EVEN after a judge had declared them to NOT be exempt, this guy, out of fear, granted them immunity from taxes and it was a defacto overruling of a judge's order. The organization that took down Al Capone, a vicious sociopathic crime lord, was afraid of the Church of Scientology. SMH.

Last edited:
JW don’t do anything. No holidays. Birthdays. They’re politically neutral.
They spent their time in a cult. And furthering a book publishing company’s program to further their cause. It’s a very harmful cult.

I know. Cause I was one til 3 years ago when I realized they were full of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom