Neti Pot (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone use neti pots?

I avoided them for years because I think they are disgusting but I recently started using it after a bad case of post nasal drip

They're still disgusting but they do work

I always feel much better after using it

Many people like them and assert that Neti pots DO work. I've never used one before but I've heard enough positive results to believe that they do give people relief. HOWEVER, please make sure you use purified water like distilled water when using them. Tap water is safe to drink (in most places, but that's a different thread) but may contain microbes that don't pose a threat when swallowed. Those same bugs can be seriously harmful if entering the body through nasal passages. Route of entry is very, very important when it comes to infection. [soap box away]

But yeah, I hear they work well.

Seriously though, I've used one before, it works, although kinda unpleasant.

I use the NeilMed Nasal Rinse with distilled water. I use it mostly after cutting grass and during heavy pollen days. Clear all that crap out. Definitely works.

I use one when allergies are bad. I've also used it a couple time with tap water and am now concerned with brain-eating amoeba.

I usually use Flonase on a daily basis and recently purchased the arm & hammer saline mist at the recommendation of another member on here.

I use one when allergies are bad. I've also used it a couple time with tap water and am now concerned with brain-eating amoeba.

I usually use Flonase on a daily basis and recently purchased the arm & hammer saline mist at the recommendation of another member on here.

No need to worry. If they haven't eaten your brain yet, you're in the clear.

...unless you've used tap in the past week.

My wife swears by it. I'll use it if im particularly desperate for congestion relief. But I'm not a fan and dont think they help all that much. Also, brain eating amoebas.

So much this. The last part. People think it’s a myth, they are sadly mistaken.
I won’t even swim in warm non moving water. Those amoebas are no joke.

Luckily being brainless I’m close to impervious to their nastiness as they’d go hungry trying to eat my brains. ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom