Network reactions to Saints / Falcons (1 Viewer)

Honestly guys, Saints won't get the recognition they deserve. If yall are waiting.......don't hold your breath. Honestly I love it. Keep flying under the radar I say. You may here the networks say somethings but not alot. On Get Up they did say that if Saints Defense keep playing like they are they will be hard to beat. As long as we know it. Thats fine with me. Also I think because of the playoffs the last couple of years Saints not getting respected from that also. Besides the No Call
I will never forget how blasé ESPN and company were after we crushed the Colts 62-7 in 2011. I mean...yeah, the Colts were terrible But that is still tied for the 4th largest margin of victory in NFL history.

And all we heard was "Uh. Yeah. The Saints have a good offense." And they went on to gush about Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers in the next segment. The Patriots beat the Titans 59-0 in 2009. I bet that segment was a lot more favorable.

I will never forget how blasé ESPN and company were after we crushed the Colts 62-7 in 2011. I mean...yeah, the Colts were terrible But that is still tied for the 4th largest margin of victory in NFL history.

And all we heard was "Uh. Yeah. The Saints have a good offense." And they went on to gush about Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers in the next segment. The Patriots beat the Titans 59-0 in 2009. I bet that segment was a lot more favorable.

Man I forgot about that. Then beat the Bucs 35-7 the next week. But four weeks later we embarrassed them in one of our most memorable games of the SB season.

Worst I heard all weekend was the moron Orlovsky answering the question as to whether the Saints are the best team in the NFC.

He said he is sticking with his guns and that the Bucs are still the best team in the NFC. He started to say "The Saints don't match up" and then caught himself and said we match up well against the Bucs. Then used the excuse that Marpet being out is the difference. Rex Ryan embarrassed him about using that as an excuse.

Orlovsky was the only person to say No to the question out of 4 people.

Actually I prefer being the team that the media underestimates even when we are on top of the NFC
Instead of being this years media hype that fails miserably but is still being talked as contenders until there are no games left

Worst I heard all weekend was the moron Orlovsky answering the question as to whether the Saints are the best team in the NFC.

He said he is sticking with his guns and that the Bucs are still the best team in the NFC. He started to say "The Saints don't match up" and then caught himself and said we match up well against the Bucs. Then used the excuse that Marpet being out is the difference. Rex Ryan embarrassed him about using that as an excuse.

Orlovsky was the only person to say No to the question out of 4 people.

He's copping pleas now but make no mistake he'll be back on the Bucs bandwagon when they beat Atlanta

Keyshawn Johnson seems to be the only person who understands why Taysom got the start.
Actually I don't think he does, because he said that Sean started Taysom because he was a better matchup for ATL, which if you're reading between the lines at all with this team, you realize is not the case.

Long before Jameis came to New Orleans, Taysom Hill was a free agent and had options. I remember an interview Taysom did in the offseason; I want to say it was around the same time as the Super Bowl. He was pretty clear that he loved New Orleans, loved Sean Payton, and loved Drew Brees, and that he hoped Drew came back for another season. He also made it clear that he wanted to have a chance to play QB in the NFL and would only come back to New Orleans if he was afforded that opportunity. The Saints gave Taysom a contract that perhaps no other team would have, but they also told Taysom that he would be QB2 this time around, which was pretty widely reported after he signed his deal.

Sean Payton might have as much or more job security than any coach in the league, but he's not going to put his loyalty to Taysom Hill ahead of his responsibility to put the team in the best position to win. I think that's why most people, myself included, thought he would give the start to the guy with more NFL experience. It's pretty clear now, especially after yesterday's performance, that Taysom had earned enough trust in Payton's eyes that he could honor his word to Hill without forsaking his responsibilities as a coach. We heard from coach, from Drew, and from players that Taysom "deserved" his shot yesterday. That's what it was about. It wasn't about the matchup.

I dont feel that Saints are disrespected entirely. They are a small market team that has gotten bounced out of the playoffs early the last few years. So, the media aren't generally impressed by the regular season record. Taysom did not set the world on fire even though he did surprisingly well. So, I can see the lack of attention. And this team tends to eat the cheese when they do get attention. I am good with a low profile.

Funny enough this exact same response could be written up about Greenbay. The only difference is that we don’t get blown out in our playoff loses. Our games are usually a freak play that turned the tide causing a one score loss.

Meanwhile, the golden child, Rogers, has gotten the doors blown off of his teams for several playoff appearances now, yet he and Greenbay are still given respect.

We are # 3 on Stephen A’s list! At least he is acknowledging us now.
5. Colts
4. Rams
3. Saints
2. Chiefs
1. Steelers

I thought the exact same thing, I wouldn't have know the difference if you played several audio segments mixed in together. It was possibly calming to the offensive players to have a familiar sound at the line.

You called it! McCoy mentioned it in his presser today.

Funny enough this exact same response could be written up about Greenbay. The only difference is that we don’t get blown out in our playoff loses. Our games are usually a freak play that turned the tide causing a one score loss.

Meanwhile, the golden child, Rogers, has gotten the doors blown off of his teams for several playoff appearances now, yet he and Greenbay are still given respect.
Good points.
I think it’s obviously about Aaron being a golden child but also the fact that Green Bay is such a storied franchise. We are not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom