Nevada Votes down Marijuana legalization (1 Viewer)

Sandman

Kind of Messed Up
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just say no.

New Orleans Rob

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
44% voted for legalization because that is the amount of people in the currently living that have at least tried pot. You don't have to be a full time smoker to think that it should be legalized. Personally I think it is better for people to smoke pot than drink alcohol but I like both:) . Anyway my point is that in 10 years that percentage will go up because more and more people are getting exposed to marijuana while the people who were not exposed to it are dying off.

antipop

utterly bonkers
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
nice avatar to go along with your statment rob:9:

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that 50% or more of the posters on this board smoke pot occasionally or more. I'd also be willing to bet that most are between the ages of 25 and 40... and hold either middle to upper class status when it comes to money, careers, businesses, and property.

I'm not going to say why I'd be willing to bet on this though... let’s just call it a "hunch".

antipop

utterly bonkers
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that 50% or more of the posters on this board smoke pot occasionally or more. I'd also be willing to bet that most are between the ages of 25 and 40... and hold either middle to upper class status when it comes to money, careers, businesses, and property.

I'm not going to say why I'd be willing to bet on this though... let’s just call it a "hunch".

:00000654:

i agree with your "hunch"

BullDawg

Gone but will never forgotten. R.I.P. Nate
Reaction score
Those college age numbers are skewed!!! ;) When I was college everyone smoked pot. Even the president of the college Republicans. I know. I got him high.

Also I know many middle class members of this board get high (or wish they could). I know. I got them high...or vice versa. uhhh nevermind. nothing to see here.
Were they in the "all natural" bunch?:smilielol:

TPS

Reaction score
:bored2: :wallA: :ipopworm: :assome-etoiles: :0016: :ylsmoke: >>wonder why there is a spike at age 42? is

Where's :covri: when you need it? :shrug:

TPS

Cajun Mike

In Da Parish
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Would allow individuals at least 21 years of age to purchase, possess, use and transport up to one ounce of marijuana. Wholesale sale of marijuana would be subject to state excise taxes; retail sales would be subject to state sales tax. Fifty percent of tax revenue from the sale of marijuana would be used to fund voluntary programs for the prevention and treatment of the abuse of alcohol, tobacco or controlled substances. The other 50 percent would go to the state general fund.

Nevada Question 7:
Legalize Marijuana

Yes 252,776 44%
No 320,854 56%

Now why would you take 50% for the alcoholics and smokers, don't they pay enough taxes on liquor and cigarettes????? Now controlled substances is different.

Alcoholics have always been more dangerous on the road than a pothead, yet we persecute the pothead, but the alocoholic can get dwi's and kill people and the get a little slap on the hand.

BullDawg

Gone but will never forgotten. R.I.P. Nate
Reaction score
Now why would you take 50% for the alcoholics and smokers, don't they pay enough taxes on liquor and cigarettes????? Now controlled substances is different.

Alcoholics have always been more dangerous on the road than a pothead, yet we persecute the pothead, but the alocoholic can get dwi's and kill people and the get a little slap on the hand.
Because people still believe Reefer Madness was fact based.

Cajun Mike

In Da Parish
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
But how much of this is also related to powerful people (I am not talking about drug lords) controlling the flow of drugs,the govt funneling the money that all these police departments get for fightiing the never ending drug war.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom