Nevada Votes down Marijuana legalization (3 Viewers)

http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/nhsda/2knhsda/chapter2.htm

fig23gk0.jpg

I jazzed the graph up for you
I'm assuming this graph represents those who admit to using. I know many (whom I work with) in the 30+ demographics that admit in private to using but will never admit publically to it.

"this estimate represents 6.3 percent of the population"

I'm assuming this graph represents those who admit to using. I know many (whom I work with) in the 30+ demographics that admit in private to using but will never admit publically to it.

yep....all that really shows me is that college kids smoke more pot....no big discovery there....college kids don't really care who knows....middle aged people with jobs, families, etc, are not going ot openly admit to smoking pot for a government study

Last edited:
Alright. More people 30+ smoke pot then those between 16 - 24.

Good call

Alright. More people 30+ smoke pot then those between 16 - 24.

Good call

who said that??? you just don't want to admit the possibility that you could be wrong....nice comback though...recess is over...we can go back to class now

Last edited:
About half of the people circled in red aren't of legal voting age anyway. It could just as easily be argued that people from the ages of 16 - 24 aren't renowned for their turnout at the polls.

who said that??? you just don't want to admit the possibility that you could be wrong....nice comback though...recess is over...we can go back to class now

What I said, specifically

Kind of suprising since potheads are a demographic not reknowned for their turnout.

If most people who smoke pot are of college age that is the pothead demographic. What is the "Comedy Central" demographic? College age males. Are all people who watch Comedy Central college age males? No. Just a significant majority. What is the pothead demographic? College age males. Are all people who smoke pot college age males? No, just most pot smokers are college age males. That is the demographic.

This is so shockingly uncomplicated. Unbelievable you even argued this.

Last edited:
What I said, specifically

If most people who smoke pot are of college age that is the pothead demographic. What is the "Comedy Central" demographic? College age males. Are all people who watch Comedy Central college age males? No. Just a significant majority. What is the pothead demographic? College age males. Are all people who smoke pot college age males? No, just most pot smokers are college age males. That is the demographic.

This is so shockingly uncomplicated. Unbelievable you even argued this.

You're the one missing an uncomplicated point.

A demographic means that some phenomenon is particular to one age-group, sex, race, ethnicity, etc. In this case, the demographic is based on those who admit to smoking marijuana.

Here, it's a demographic because kids admitting to actually smoking marijauna. But it's still undetermined whether or not College men are more likely to smoke marijuana--a demographic, if you will--because they ADMIT to it.

What about other demographic groups who smoke on a regular basis but don't admit to it? It there was a way to actually ascertain who smokes weed, the demographics of a typical pot-smoker might look a lot different.

Meaning, it might be possible that most pot smokers fall between the ages of 35-45, and are white collar.

Sort of blows the whole "Lazy, do-nothing" pothead stereotype out of the water.

And believe me, lots and lots of people stand to lose if this stereotype is ever challenged.

It was the government who waged a propaganda war against pot in the first place.

Last edited:
You're the one missing an uncomplicated point.

A demographic means that some phenomenon is particular to one age-group, sex, race, ethnicity, etc. In this case, the demographic is based on those who admit to smoking marijuana.

Here, it's a demographic because kids admitting to actually smoking marijauna. But it's still undetermined whether or not College men are more likely to smoke marijuana--a demographic, if you will--because they ADMIT to it.

What about other demographic groups who smoke on a regular basis but don't admit to it? It there was a way to actually ascertain who smokes weed, the demographics of a typical pot-smoker might look a lot different.

You know it was a throw away line. A minor joke at most. If you guys want to sit here and argue that more people over the age of 35 smoke then those around college age, you win. I'm not even going to argue it further.

Off the top of my head, if I had to rate which demographics smoked the most pot, i'd say

18 to 24 year olds
lower income adults
teenagers
middle class adults

In that order. If you want to suggest something else, whatever. I surrender

You know it was a throw away line. A minor joke at most. If you guys want to sit here and argue that more people over the age of 35 smoke then those around college age, you win. I'm not even going to argue it further.

Off the top of my head, if I had to rate which demographics smoked the most pot, i'd say

18 to 24 year olds
lower income adults
teenagers
middle class adults

In that order. If you want to suggest something else, whatever. I surrender

Why do you think this discussion is some form of competition? What's "surrender" mean?

You made a point, and several rebutted your point.

A discussion or debate isn't for the purpose of competition--which is something High School Debate teams do, but it is the purpose of learning and exchanging ideas. Once again, you're in a different IQ pool than the SSF. Get used to it.

And that last group of demographics certainly belies this stereotypical image of a pot smoker as some disengaged, lazy, brain-fried teenager.

A stereotype which fosters continuing the support of the status quo--which is keeping marijauna as an illegal substance which the penalty for possession or use is a felony, is the brain-fried, poor teenager interested in skating, smoking cigarettes, and playing video games.

If you guys want to sit here and argue that more people over the age of 35 smoke then those around college age, you win.

get real...no one has ever said that in this thread....the arguement was basically that more middle aged white people smoke than you seem to think....

Why do you think this discussion is some form of competition? What's "surrender" mean?

You made a point, and several rebutted your point.

A discussion or debate isn't for the purpose of competition--which is something High School Debate teams do, but it is the purpose of learning and exchanging ideas. Once again, you're in a different IQ pool than the SSF. Get used to it.

And that last group of demographics certainly belies this stereotypical image of a pot smoker as some disengaged, lazy, brain-fried teenager.

A stereotype which fosters continuing the support of the status quo--which is keeping marijauna as an illegal substance which the penalty for possession or use is a felony.

Is this the point where you say you're ashamed I came from Ole Miss? :dunno:

It's not a different "IQ" pool despite what you think, it's mostly a different attitude. My fault for getting sucked in.

wonder why there is a spike at age 42? is that when you start finding your college kids stash ? lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom