Nevada Votes down Marijuana legalization (1 Viewer)

Would allow individuals at least 21 years of age to purchase, possess, use and transport up to one ounce of marijuana. Wholesale sale of marijuana would be subject to state excise taxes; retail sales would be subject to state sales tax. Fifty percent of tax revenue from the sale of marijuana would be used to fund voluntary programs for the prevention and treatment of the abuse of alcohol, tobacco or controlled substances. The other 50 percent would go to the state general fund.

Nevada Question 7:
Legalize Marijuana

Yes 252,776 44%
No 320,854 56%

Now why would you take 50% for the alcoholics and smokers, don't they pay enough taxes on liquor and cigarettes????? Now controlled substances is different.

Alcoholics have always been more dangerous on the road than a pothead, yet we persecute the pothead, but the alocoholic can get dwi's and kill people and the get a little slap on the hand.

Now why would you take 50% for the alcoholics and smokers, don't they pay enough taxes on liquor and cigarettes????? Now controlled substances is different.

Alcoholics have always been more dangerous on the road than a pothead, yet we persecute the pothead, but the alocoholic can get dwi's and kill people and the get a little slap on the hand.
Because people still believe Reefer Madness was fact based.

But how much of this is also related to powerful people (I am not talking about drug lords) controlling the flow of drugs,the govt funneling the money that all these police departments get for fightiing the never ending drug war.

But how much of this is also related to powerful people (I am not talking about drug lords) controlling the flow of drugs,the govt funneling the money that all these police departments get for fightiing the never ending drug war.
Oh...I'd venture to say a whole heckuva lot.

And let's not forget where the money came from to fight anti-communist forces in central American in the 1980s.

At least they put it to a vote. That is what America is all about. Let the people say if they want it or not.

I say the weed will never be voted into legalization. Too easy to make money off of it illegally.

wonder why there is a spike at age 42? is that when you start finding your college kids stash ? lol

That's probably when you figure out that your kids are pot smokers, they figure out that you used to be a pot smoker, and then parents and kids light up together.

>>I used to smoke pot...for several years. Then I grew up.

Worst. Post.

TPS

I don't smoke pot, but TONS of upper-middle class people do. TONS of people that vote as well. (at least in Austin (and San Jose), they do. :D )

I work with a bunch of people (I'd say out team is about 75 people or so) who make 85-200k a year - I would say that there are maybe 5-6 who DON'T smoke pot on at least a once-in-a-while basis. More than 75% are weekly (or daily wake-n-bake) guys. If an outside polling team asked everyone at work I would bet we would get a 30%-ish return, or less. Stats like the ones posted are woefully inaccurate and certainly have no credibility to anyone with a brain and the ability to reason.

Legalizing marijuana is a freaking no-brainer. Taxing the ever loving fudge out of it makes the fiscal side of me tingle -- lower property taxes, hotel taxes, etc ... yes please. More power back into the hands of local farmers? check. We could go on and on and I don't smoke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom