Nevada Votes down Marijuana legalization (1 Viewer)

was watching "hooked on drugs" on the history channel - they were talking about weed, they showed 1920 New Orleans, talked about how it came in via the ports and the jazz players were into it "were there was Jazz there was Refer" it was legal back then

was watching "hooked on drugs" on the history channel - they were talking about weed, they showed 1920 New Orleans, talked about how it came in via the ports and the jazz players were into it "were there was Jazz there was Refer" it was legal back then
I think they should make Jazz illegal since it leads to drug use.

Quality movie. You know they've done a remake?
LOL. Yup...I bought it even. The new one is a musical and it's a 2 disc set complete with the original. I bought it for my mother-in-law.

Believe it or not, I found it at the Maxwell AFB Base Exchange.:_rofl:

I don't smoke pot, but TONS of upper-middle class people do. TONS of people that vote as well. (at least in Austin (and San Jose), they do. :D )

I work with a bunch of people (I'd say out team is about 75 people or so) who make 85-200k a year - I would say that there are maybe 5-6 who DON'T smoke pot on at least a once-in-a-while basis. More than 75% are weekly (or daily wake-n-bake) guys. If an outside polling team asked everyone at work I would bet we would get a 30%-ish return, or less. Stats like the ones posted are woefully inaccurate and certainly have no credibility to anyone with a brain and the ability to reason.

Legalizing marijuana is a freaking no-brainer. Taxing the ever loving fudge out of it makes the fiscal side of me tingle -- lower property taxes, hotel taxes, etc ... yes please. More power back into the hands of local farmers? check. We could go on and on and I don't smoke.
I personally know a NASA computer programmer (location and department withheld for obvious reasons) who smokes like a chimney. Since being hired on he's fixed software bugs that had eluded other programmers for years!

Just say no.

279px-Lamelogo.png

I personally know a NASA computer programmer (location and department withheld for obvious reasons) who smokes like a chimney. Since being hired on he's fixed software bugs that had eluded other programmers for years!

If there is a substance that can help you concentrate on one very complicated thing, the reefers is it. More than one, coffee and nicotine are the answer. Ever see "Apollo 13"? Know why they were able to bring back Lovell and company back alive? Pall Mall 100s and percolated coffee, baby.
Focuses a man.

I wonder how those percentages would change if it were legalized?

MY hunch is that the "old people" (30 and older as indicated on the graph) would smoke more if it were legal. People of "advanced age" care more about staying on the good side of the law than those pesky kids.

I wonder how those percentages would change if it were legalized?

MY hunch is that the "old people" (30 and older as indicated on the graph) would smoke more if it were legal. People of "advanced age" care more about staying on the good side of the law than those pesky kids.

When I was younger I used to wake and bake. Now it is only for special occasions because the stuff is so damn strong these days. It's all hydroponic, super hybrid, killer weed it seems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom