Never ending. Another shooting. This time at a Hammond high school graduation. I guess this is the new norm. (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think many of us are just resolved to the fact, where any shooting that occurs and there are multiple people shot, it is the new norm and should not be a surprise unfortunately. I just don't know, sickening. At a freaking high school graduation????

This is just the sheet that makes the news.

Know what didn't make the news?

11 people shot in downtown Lafayette, 12 including the shooter.

Happened almost three weeks ago. The only information we've gotten from LPD is it definitely wasn't a mass shooting even though 11 people were shot. Absolutely no news coverage since, local or otherwise.

Hell, just yesterday I came home on my lunch break. I was here for all of ten minutes. As I'm walking out the door I hear three shots just around the corner from my house. That's a daily occurrence. It's so, so much worse in this country than any number of news stories can show.

Happened almost three weeks ago. The only information we've gotten from LPD is it definitely wasn't a mass shooting even though 11 people were shot. Absolutely no news coverage since, local or otherwise.

Hell, just yesterday I came home on my lunch break. I was here for all of ten minutes. As I'm walking out the door I hear three shots just around the corner from my house. That's a daily occurrence. It's so, so much worse in this country than any number of news stories can show.
I agree. We hear random gun shots around our house, just as if the sun will come up. That is how normal it is to hear! Ridiculous.

And you are right. I never heard a word about this Lafayette shooting! Goes to reinforce the fact, this is the type of event we should just accept now.

I agree. We hear random gun shots around our house, just as if the sun will come up. That is how normal it is to hear! Ridiculous.

And you are right. I never heard a word about this Lafayette shooting! Goes to reinforce the fact, this is the type of event we should just accept now.

I'd say most people in Lafayette haven't heard a word about it. To add insult to injury, two more people were shot downtown the very next weekend.

I know a lot of people around here who are absolutely terrified of going to New Orleans. "You'll be shot/stabbed/mugged/insert bad thing here!" I don't know why they're so scared, you're just as likely to be shot right here in Lafayette. Maybe even more likely since LPD seems rather keen on sweeping these shootings under the rug.

I'm still stuck on "Lafayette Police Department wants the community to know that this was not a mass shooting"

I was at a graduation last night and will be at a graduation again tonight. We are definitely on a higher sense of alert than usual and are keeping an eye out with increased security.

I was at a graduation last night and will be at a graduation again tonight. We are definitely on a higher sense of alert than usual and are keeping an eye out with increased security.
Statistically I don’t think a chance of being shot at a graduation changed much at all
Small comfort I realize, but…

Statistically I don’t think a chance of being shot at a graduation changed much at all
Small comfort I realize, but…
I meant we were on high alert prior to last night. Copycats are a thing and a graduation outside at a football stadium is an easy target.

Amber Heard pooping or was it her dog that popped in Depp's bed gets all the media coverage.

We are coming out of a 2 year period of record gun sales. The country is armed to the teeth and we have the continued economic and social stresses from the pandemic and subsequent inflation. The accumulation of wealth is worse than this country has ever seen. In my opinion, we are just getting started.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom