Never enough safeties: Saints bringing in former Titans & Pro Bowl special teamer Brynden Trawick (1 Viewer)

imho - it seems clear to me that SP and Loomis are doing everything possible to load up for Brees final SB run - and beyond. After Wade Philips figured out how to seriously slow down our unstoppable offense of the 1st half of the season by doubling both Kamara and Thomas while daring the Saints to beat them with our other weapons, I just can't see SP allowing that to occur again this year.

Not going after WRs tells me that Meredith and Ginn are healthy along with either Smith or Kirkwood - or maybe both - making major steps forward this year.
I think Unger's retirement and subsequent drafting of McCoy is an indication that the center of the line wasn't as stout as it was to begin the season either, and the addition of Cook should open up the offense to at least a reasonable facsimile of what we've become accustomed to.

The efforts to shore up the defense and the Herculean effort to make the special teams truly special shows me that Payton is sensing a shift in the league again, and wants to be out in front of it.

Overkill in one direction tho? Lots of dbs but not one wr this off season. They know something we don't.
I think with acquisition of Cook and it looks like Meredith and Ginn are going to be healthy, plus with the progression of Tra'Quan and Kirkwood, it lessened the need to bring in or draft a WR. I'd really like to see what Lil'Jordan brings to the table.

Guessing the Saints and Trawick couldn't agree on money since they signed another big safety (with a much thinner resume).

Dumb. How many STers do they need???

Really??? We are putting together a 90 man camp roster. That means we basically need twice the number of players at each position as se will keep on our final 53 man season roster. Strange to see several fans complaining about bringing in competition for the bottom of our roster.

Also, every know and then we land a special teams player that exceeds expectations and provides some value on offense or defense. Such as Craig Robertson.

It's a good thing that we are down to bringing in special teamers already, at this point in the offseason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom