Never in my life have I heard sports talk radio talk about the Saints so much (1 Viewer)

I'm not disagreeing with you but I am curious as to why this is a thing? Why do people hate on this guy so much? All he does is make awesome plays and smiles. What's to hate?
I often wonder that too but @Boy_of_wonder75 answered pretty well.

Being that Taysom immediately draws reaction, hot takes, clicks, and engagement, I can guarantee the media is really hoping he succeeds. He’ll be the 2020s Tebow if he does. They will force feed topics about him because he’s going to garner such strong responses from both sides.

Why are we couching it as hate? Me thinking it should be Winston doesn't mean I hate Taysom. I love him. I have his jersey! You can think someone is not suited for a position as starting QB and not "hate" them. Hate is a very polarizing word and I haven't heard anyone say, I hate Taysom.

Last edited:
You guys know what’s crazy? Taysom will get the national attention that Drew has always deserved but never received. Something about him is enigmatic/ engaging while simultaneously maddening and awe inspiring in sports audiences. He is polarizing and magnetic.

I love Drew, but his sports image is very squeaky clean. He plays the game like a Chess Grandmaster. I love watching him carve up defenses with his surgical precision. Unfortunately, today’s sports audience wants sizzle and fireworks. Taysom is nuclear bomb on two feet- you can never predict how much damage he will do to either team. He’s a revelation to watch and analyze. He has “it“- the type of personality that will garner devotees and detractors in equal measure.

If Taysom can truly be a starting NFL QB, expect him to draw the eyes and ire of the sports analysts world. If he in fact becomes San Fran Steve Young 2.0, he will be one of the NFL’s new golden calves. Get ready. This will be a ride we have never experienced as members of WhoDat nation.

I remember during Super Bowl week in 09’ - Cowherd had, then Panthers running back, DeAngelo Williams on the show and Cowherd was talking about the Colts non-stop and that the game was essentially a coronation for Peyton Manning and it was Williams who had to call him out for not giving the Saints a chance.

That's one (and a rather dubious one at that, but I'll accept it). The poster said "the media." Need more than one.

What was funny about 09 is that listening to the talking heads you wouldn't have known the Colts even had an opponent. Then just before the game most of the guys on the channel I was watching picked us to win.

He is still an unknown in many ways and in this climate of "hot takes" and click-bait, his existence prompts strong opinions.

Add to that a fan base that is generally reactionary and an internet culture that encourages any ol' opinion to be expressed and you have your answer.

That's a small bit of insanity. Hating Taysom because he has fans with
opinions. And, "his existence prompts strong opinions". You hate him because he exists? BTW I'm only using the word "Hate" because that is what the poster you were responding to asked you about and you didn't object to its use.

Why are we couching it as hate? Me thinking it should be Winston doesn't mean I hate Taysom. I love him. I have his jersey! You can think someone is not suited for a position as starting QB and not "hate" them. Hate is a very polarizing word and I haven't heard anyone say, I hate Taysom.

I don't believe anyone thinks you hate him. But there are some who apparently do and don't attempt to disguise their contempt. That is sad because we are all supposed to be Saints Fans. It's cool to argue on Taysom's merits and shortcomings.

Last edited:
it's easy to not "trust" the taysom pick for starting QB.

(we all definitely wanted to see what he could do)

methinks that any qb playing with this defense will look great too.

i'm thrilled.

rp

it's easy to not "trust" the taysom pick for starting QB.

(we all definitely wanted to see what he could do)

methinks that any qb playing with this defense will look great too.

i'm thrilled.

rp

The defense has nothing to do with how great a QB plays. The Bears are a living breathing yearly example of that. All defenses can do is protect leads and give the ball to the offense in favorable areas. The QB still has to cash in. I’m not fitting TH for a Gold Jacket yet over one game, but I must say that he did play really well even if you put his performance in a vacuum.

That's a small bit of insanity. Hating Taysom because he has fans with
opinions. And, "his existence prompts strong opinions". You hate him because he exists? BTW I'm only using the word "Hate" because that is what the poster you were responding to asked you about and you didn't object to its use.

I don't hate him at all. Not sure how you surmised that. His existence, the multi-threat, jack of all trades player prompts strong opinions because so much is unknown. This is not hard to figure out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom