LSU Gymnastics Never knew collegiate gymnastics were this ruthlessly competitive... (1 Viewer)

Personally? I think her presence had nothing to do with drawing talent to LSU. I would like to present to you longtime coach D-D Breaux and then her predecessor Jay "he is not Sean Payton but dang sure looks like him" Clark.

Agreed. LSU has been building a powerhouse in gymnastic before Olivia got there.

Personally? I think her presence had nothing to do with drawing talent to LSU. I would like to present to you longtime coach D-D Breaux and then her predecessor Jay "he is not Sean Payton but dang sure looks like him" Clark.

Ah, interesting. I don't follow gymnastics enough to know all that stuff. At least it seems that the program will be in very good shape going forward.

Ah, interesting. I don't follow gymnastics enough to know all that stuff. At least it seems that the program will be in very good shape going forward.

NCAA gymnastics has exploded the last couple years. I have only been following it a few years, though, I've always loved Olympic gymnastics.

NCAA gymnastics has exploded the last couple years. I have only been following it a few years, though, I've always loved Olympic gymnastics.
Would you say your interest increased because of the coverage LSU was getting because of Dunne? Or in spite of it?

Would you say your interest increased because of the coverage LSU was getting because of Dunne? Or in spite of it?
Oh, definitely in spite of. And the reason I can say that definitively is that the only reason I started following it in the first place is that I had heard of an elite gymnast who was from my hometown in Pennsylvania that was going to Florida (Trinity Thomas) and I realized that the SEC channel actually covered gymnastics. So, of course, that meant I was watching LSU also and that they were pretty good!

That was the year before COVID and I think Livvy started the next year and, to be honest, I hadn't even heard of her then and don't remember ever seeing her compete. Who I do remember is Haleigh Bryant because she was making a splash as a freshman as Konnor is now. I also remember Sierra Ballard because she was from Mandeville, LA and also Jay Clark's niece! She was almost always in the rotation on floor and then in her junior and senior years she started in the lead off position on beam.

The second LSU girl just fell off the beam. This is bad. Everyone else will need to be flawless. 😢

I do not get how Savannah fell on the move she fell on. I'm guessing she had a nervous brain fart and momentarily lost concentration.

Last edited:
I was wondering if she qualified to try out for Paris, but apparently she's too "young." :idunno:

Everyone I've been reading about are in their mid to late 20s.

Remember the days when everyone who participated were college students?
Yeah, things are a lot different from how they used to be and from collegiate to elite. I don't understand in elite how the scoring works at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom