Never seen a coach refuse to run the football like Any Reid... (1 Viewer)

metalreb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wonder how many big games it has cost him over the years?

As a life long Philadelphia resident, this and the poor clock management has been the knock on him for years.

I was baffled by that. There he was, needing one score. All he needed to do was run out some clock and make one score. I thought to myself - here comes some Kareem Hunt.

Nope. He kept passing. And lost.

Towards the end both teams had the chance to kill a lot of clock by running the ball a bit, both chose to throw, don’t understand it

I have honestly never understood the fascination with Andy Reid. In the beginning 10 games of the season his teams are generally amazing, Choke and die at the end. His clock management and game management are and have always been suspect.

Both of them were bad

The game was begging to be closed out.

It is a shame both of them are at the bye week.

When I saw Hunt get knocked out of bounds and failing to make a 3 yard gain for a 1st down, I thought to myself that the KC backs, especially Hunt at 216, were not very big bruisers at all and could easily be stopped. I think that had something to do with it.

The Rams and McVay weren't any better. One of the top three best RBs in the game in Gurley and you only give it to him 12 times??

He did catch 3 passes but his combined rushes and receptions for the game was only 15. Prior to last night, his lowest total was 19.

Maybe the Chiefs had him completely bracketed and I just didn't see it but I mean, it's Todd Gurley. Total head-scratcher.

I was saying this all last night in the game day thread.

As a life long Philadelphia resident, this and the poor clock management has been the knock on him for years.

I have to agree with Eagles fans on this. They most likely win the 2004 SB if he coached a better game. New England went into that SB with a mostly decimated secondary due to injuries. They were starting Troy Brown in the secondary and just begging to be shredded. Reid did not gameplan to take advantage of this.

I could name a number of playoff games they blew that they arguably should've won. But in that SB, the Patriots did not even play all that impressive to win and be up by 10 points. Being down by 10, the Eagles ran the slowest offense I have ever seen when it came to getting back into the game. They ran like 10 whole minutes off the clock getting that last TD.

K.C. is not going to the Super Bowl, I don't care what they keep talking about with how they are. I'll never trust an Andy Reid coached team.

He is the only coach in NFL history to have 2 playoff losses with a lead over 18 points or more blown, and both of them were with the Chiefs. They blew that huge lead to the Colts and then last year to Tennessee.

Well that's how Andy Reid has always been. Look, I think Reid is a good coach but I've seen this same old song and dance from him for a long time. Makes some boneheaded decisions in a big game, poor clock management and ends up losing and then we all get to hear him roll the tape in post game press conference blaming himself.

That last series by the Rams was pathetic. How do you get the ball with less than 2 minutes and give it back to the opponent with over a minute left and they still have a timeout?

I was dumbfounded last night watching their next to last drive. They had all three TO's, a minute and a half on the clock, and they were throwing the ball 30 yards downfield. And all they needed was to get in FG range to tie. Horrible play calling. Just horrible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom