Never thought I'd long for the days of Bush... (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
...but we have Trump to thank for the bleep show we're seeing so far. When I saw Bush in his interview talking about how the media is indispensable to our democracy and how leaders like himself needs to be held into account, I was struck by the contrast between Bush and Trump, and it couldn't be more stark.

Bush, for all his faults, was/is a pretty genuine guy and understands humility and thinking beyond himself. Trump mocking the press and his immaturity with the stupid tweeting is making a mockery of the office. I never wanted him in office to begin with because I always thought he was full of himself and people like him tend to leave a lot of messes for others to clean up.

I'm not one to pull for something bad to happen in any form, but I can't help but wonder if it's worth it if there was something big enough to force him to step down. Pence couldn't possibly be worse.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Pence couldn't possibly be worse.
I actually think your wrong.
Trump is an idiot, imo.
Pence is a threat to every aspect of personal freedoms in this county.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Remember when Bush, McCain, Romney, and Obama were labeled as the "devil" and "worst person ever" by the opposing side?

Ahh, the good ole days.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OP

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually think your wrong.
Trump is an idiot, imo.
Pence is a threat to every aspect of personal freedoms in this county.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I'm not convinced that's the case. I don't think he'll be embarrassing the office the way Trump is and Congress is still a buffer if Pence goes too far. At least he'll be a better statesman and won't screw up our relationships with other countries the way Trump is doing. I think he'll be more pragmatic than Trump. Pence no doubt has his own issues, but he would be better in the WH than Trump and wouldn't be picking fights for stupid personal pride reasons like Trump.

On the personal freedom front, he and Trump really aren't much different. I don't see it. Now, if Pence were a pot head, then the choice would be obvious, heh.

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
A. He hated America
B. He took our freedoms
C. Something about the 2nd Amendment
D. A and C
E. All of the above
You forgot the black part. I (unfortunately) know some hated him just on that fact alone. It didn't matter what he did, all they saw was a black president. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom