New 2008 NFL Draft Order (1 Viewer)

Goldfinger

Oh Yeah
Reaction score
Just an updated version of the 2008 NFL Draft Order with the new compensatory picks.

For those who are still not sure,the Saints do not have a 4th rd pick this year.

Enjoy.....

Go Saints!!!

Attachments

• 2008 NFL Draft Order.xls
    82.5 KB · Views: 84
Thanks for this, I've been looking for one

I'm still not sure this is right. How can the NY trade occur now if the pick is based on performance. If the pick can become a 3rd or even a 2nd based on performance then it would have to be in 2009. Also, didn't we give Miami a pick (5th?) for Olindo Mare?

I'm still not sure this is right. How can the NY trade occur now if the pick is based on performance. If the pick can become a 3rd or even a 2nd based on performance then it would have to be in 2009...

It is right. The trade goes like this -

We gave them our 4th this year. In 2009 the Jets can get a 2nd or 3rd if Vilma plays 70% of the D plays and signs a contract extension. If that happens, then the Jets have to give us our 4th back in 2009. Link here:

New Orleans Saints, David Harris, Jonathan Vilma, Kris Jenkins, National Football League, New York Jets - CBSSports.com

...Also, didn't we give Miami a pick (5th?) for Olindo Mare?

Actually a 6th, #199 in last year's draft. Link here:

Notes: Dolphins trade K Mare to Saints - USATODAY.com

It is right. The trade goes like this -

We gave them our 4th this year. In 2009 the Jets can get a 2nd or 3rd if Vilma plays 70% of the D plays and signs a contract extension. If that happens, then the Jets have to give us our 4th back in 2009.

that should be a sticky.

Why do we pick so late in the 3rd round?

Can someone explain to me why our pick is not 10th every round? I don't understand why we move around so much when there is no trade next our names or the 10th pick?

There are seven teams that finished last season with a 7-9 record. These teams are sorted based on their strength of schedule. That is the order used for round one. In each successive round the teams with the same record rotate. Thus in round 1, the Saints select 10th. In round 2, they select 9th. In the 3rd round we rotate to the bottom of the list, selecting 15th. The same thing occurs in each group of teams with the same record.

Can someone explain to me why our pick is not 10th every round? I don't understand why we move around so much when there is no trade next our names or the 10th pick?

there are more than one 7-9 teams and are all tied sooo in the 1st we pick 10 and the bengals move to like 15 then in the second we pick 9th and in the third it all goes back to normal

For the millionth time we still have our 4th this year. No matter what that article says (they are wrong all the time), which was written on the day of the trade and no one knew what the trade exactly was, I tend to agree with the official NFL website that updates there site constantly.

Thank you

NFL Transactions Report

There are seven teams that finished last season with a 7-9 record. These teams are sorted based on their strength of schedule. That is the order used for round one. In each successive round the teams with the same record rotate. Thus in round 1, the Saints select 10th. In round 2, they select 9th. In the 3rd round we rotate to the bottom of the list, selecting 15th. The same thing occurs in each group of teams with the same record.

Thanks for the explanation!

:worthy:

For the millionth time we still have our 4th this year. No matter what that article says (they are wrong all the time), which was written on the day of the trade and no one knew what the trade exactly was, I tend to agree with the official NFL website that updates there site constantly.

Thank you

NFL Transactions Report

NO!!!!!!!!!:banghead: we dont have a 4th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom