New 3 min Trailer for Man of Steel (1 Viewer)

I have high hopes for this one, and until the trailers started coming out I had no interest at all.

If Nolan is involved at the producing level, I'm at least optimistic that the story will be a good one. If they can pull off the story, then the visuals speak for themselves, word of mouth will make this one a top notch hit.

My guess is at $300 million domestically to consider this one an outright success worthy of a sequel. Batman Begins started that franchise with $206M Domestically, $374 Worldwide. Superman Returns made $200M domestically and $391 worldwide.

But the budgets were way different $150M compared to $364M, Batman vs Superman.

I wasn't even planning to rent it. Now I might to see it. I don't care for anything DC related with the exception of the recent batman trilogy but this version of Superman looks interesting.

Why don't you like DC? And are you a Marvel guy instead? I have nothing against Marvel, but DC and Vertigo just seem way more interesting to me overall.

Seems like a lot of dialogue in this movie. I've read that this move is much more introspective. I dont mind that at all as it provides depth, I just hope 80% of the movie isnt Clark roaming the world whining about how different he is.

I have high hopes for this one, and until the trailers started coming out I had no interest at all.

This is me exactly.

Hell, I might even venture to the midnight showing.

Why don't you like DC? And are you a Marvel guy instead? I have nothing against Marvel, but DC and Vertigo just seem way more interesting to me overall.

Can't speak for Eeyore, but when I was a kid, DC comics sucked. Every character was total cardboard, lacking any depth. Marvel's characters weren't just cardboard cutout good guys or bad guys. There was a lot of gray area and it made the stories and people in them much more believable (as believable as people doing super-human things can be, anyway).

I know I've probably not been paying attention :covri:, but I just noticed Christopher Nolan in the credits as the co-writer. That's decidedly promising.

Can't speak for Eeyore, but when I was a kid, DC comics sucked. Every character was total cardboard, lacking any depth. Marvel's characters weren't just cardboard cutout good guys or bad guys. There was a lot of gray area and it made the stories and people in them much more believable (as believable as people doing super-human things can be, anyway).

I know I've probably not been paying attention :covri:, but I just noticed Christopher Nolan in the credits as the co-writer. That's decidedly promising.

I actually agree with you about DC and Marvel of the past, but in modern time I find it to kinda the opposite now. I find Marvel to be just colorful and geared almost more for kids and DC/Vertigo more with dark/in-depth characters and story lines.
Nolan is a producer with the film.

I've been waiting anxiously and excited for Man of Steel since it was announced Zak Snyder would be directing with Christopher Nolan producing. I've enjoyed Snyder's work with Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchmen, and Legend of the Guardian's. The Sucker Punch story was bad but the action sequences were very cool. He has a good eye for color, setting/backgrounds and action sequences so I expected this movie to turn out very well visually. Along with Nolans guidance this movie appears to be quite epic.

I've also read Warner Bros/DC is waiting to see how Man of Steel performs. If all goes well (which seems very likely) then wheels will be set in motion for additional Superman films and Justice League (with Snyder directing)

Also read a rumor WB offered Nolan a deal to oversee the development of additional hero movies and Justice League. But the dude in charge of WB recently stated Nolan wasn't involved. So we will have to wait and see what develops

Haven't been to the movies in about 10 yrs.I think I`ll return to see this one.
tumblr_miwcfiETJt1rmgso1o1_250.gif

As a kid I preferred Marvel for two reasons.

1. My first exposure to DC comics was from my much older cousins. Their collections were 1960's campy Superman and Batman. Stories would involve magic featuring Mytzlplk, or Bat Mite, and other magical, campy villains like them. It seems as though the success of the 60's batman t.v. show spread to the comics for a while and it ruined the comics for me.

2. The characters were too powerful. It seemed like the characters could only be beaten by magic. Their arch-rivals were nothing in comparison to them. I did not find that to be interesting. Later (the 80's) the characters were changed to include some flaws (too late for me)

The marvel characters always had personal issues and flaws. They were more real, they lived in real cities, in real time, and had real personal lives. I started reading Captain America and Daredevil. I was a bit young to really understand it but I was fortunate enough to begin reading Daredevil during the Elektra saga. I loved kung fu movies so my step-dad figured that he'd subscribe me to Daredevil because he saw kung-fu type stuff on a cover. Captain America lived in a real city, he had real friends who were normal people. He had a girlfriend (Bernie Rosenthal), a gay neighbor, a black partner (The Falcon) and he dealt with the problems in his neighborhood (race, drugs, etc...). He was far from invincible and his villains were appropriately matched. Some of the issues had as much personal life as hero life. Friends with aids, divorce, drug addiction, etc... That kind of stuff worked for me. Floating, invincible cartoons from another dimension weren't things that I really had to worry about and thought to be rather stupid.

Really looking forward to it.
FWIW, the Reeve Superman movies hold a special place for me because my great grandpa took me to see them. He would make a huge deal out of our weekend, and after the movie, he would take me to get a float from Woolworth's or to a snoball stand, and then to the park. Then we'd act out some parts of the movie (I was always Sups of course). He passed shortly after IV came out. I miss that old dude.

This version looks very promising, and comes out on my birthday. Should be a good one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom