New Airport Opening Nov 6th (1 Viewer)

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sending prayers for folks with flights in the first few months. Including myself. Just getting to this thing will most likely be a beast. Curious to know how exactly will these shuttles to the soon to be "economy" garage work.

Curious to know how exactly will these shuttles to the soon to be "economy" garage work.

I imagine buses will be stationed at ground level, probably near the garage elevators, and when enough people are on board, they’ll take them down the old access road to Veterans Blvd, toward Loyola, and then to the new terminal. The critical thing is how many they’ll have running during peak hours, and how long it will take to negotiate traffic, esp. the light @ Loyola and Veterans.

If it were me, I’d probably Uber it. Visitors who are renting cars better give themselves a lot of time.

I’m more curious about the enlarged screening area. Will it really be more efficient, or is it just going to be like the checkout lanes at super WalMart — 30 registers, but only three of them are open?

I imagine buses will be stationed at ground level, probably near the garage elevators, and when enough people are on board, they’ll take them down the old access road to Veterans Blvd, toward Loyola, and then to the new terminal. The critical thing is how many they’ll have running during peak hours, and how long it will take to negotiate traffic, esp. the light @ Loyola and Veterans.

If it were me, I’d probably Uber it. Visitors who are renting cars better give themselves a lot of time.

I’m more curious about the enlarged screening area. Will it really be more efficient, or is it just going to be like the checkout lanes at super WalMart — 30 registers, but only three of them are open?

It's amazing how much better Walmart is with self checkout registers.

If they were smart, they should have modeled it after PDX (Portland Oregon), the have a very large central security center and its very efficient, you can get through on a busy morning in about 15 to 20 min. none busy times are about 10 to 15 min.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom