New and Improved "I Have Even Less Regard for Cam Newton than I already Had" thread (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
“Honestly? We going honest? It is because I’m a Black athlete, a quarterback, that for a long time, I’ve been unapologetic. It’s because I have carried myself in a way that the media hasn’t gave me my just due, Newton told WEEI sports radio on Monday. “But yet at the same time, I do understand that and I don’t have no type of resentment toward that. I embrace who I am, I embrace the moment. I live in the moment. One of the quotes I live by is carpe diem. "

From a guy who was given ... GIVEN, not earned ... an MVP and a guy who just gave up on a play and didn't dive on a loose ball in the Super Bowl. Not given his "just due"? Yet our QB -- the one who owns all the records, the one who has been the glue on this team since 2006 -- is the only QB in our division to not only not have an MVP but is mentioned only more or less in passing in that conversation. Not given his just due *smh* Sorry, SCam, my little nugget of kinda feeling sorry for you is gone. Just play, dude, no excuses.

Last edited:
Cam does It to himself. He runs his mouth and says things that aren't what you want to hear from a team leader. On top of that in the past he seems more focused on his wardrobe or making a fashion statement than the game at hand that day.

He might be the most enigmatic athlete we’ve had since Rodman
I can’t speak to what he says about his treatment as a black athlete (but I’d be interested in other black athletes chining in)
And I fully support his challenging the norms of masculinity and public display
- plus kudos to his work in the community. From what I’ve heard/seen it’s genuine
BUT
I don’t think I’ve loathed an athlete for his on field persona like this since Neon or Mark Gastineau
Cam’s jeckyl and Hyde: Superman or pouty little *****, is just the worst

“Honestly? We going honest? It is because I’m a Black athlete, a quarterback, that for a long time, I’ve been unapologetic. It’s because I have carried myself in a way that the media hasn’t gave me my just due, Newton told WEEI sports radio on Monday. “But yet at the same time, I do understand that and I don’t have no type of resentment toward that. I embrace who I am, I embrace the moment. I live in the moment. One of the quotes I live by is carpe diem. "

From a guy who was given ... GIVEN, not earned ... an MVP and a guy who just gave up on a play and didn't dive on a loose ball in the Super Bowl. Not given his "just due"? Yet our QB -- the won who owns all the records, the one who has been the glue on this team since 2006 -- is the only QB in our division to not only not have an MVP but is mentioned more or less in passing in that conversation. Not given his just due *smh* Sorry, SCam, my little nugget of kinda feeling sorry for you is gone. Just play, dude, no excuses.
“I... I... I... I...”

Some people don’t like his personality since he plays QB. People expect it from wide receivers or corner backs. He does get way more flack than he deserves.
But he’s a good guy who gives back to whatever community he’s in at the time and his teammates always like him. I wouldn’t mind if he were a Saint next year IF Brees retires.

He might be the most enigmatic athlete we’ve had since Rodman
I can’t speak to what he says about his treatment as a black athlete (but I’d be interested in other black athletes chining in)
And I fully support his challenging the norms of masculinity and public display
- plus kudos to his work in the community. From what I’ve heard/seen it’s genuine
BUT
I don’t think I’ve loathed an athlete for his on field persona like this since Neon or Mark Gastineau
Cam’s jeckyl and Hyde: Superman or pouty little *****, is just the worst
Neon Deion?

Some people don’t like his personality since he plays QB. People expect it from wide receivers or corner backs. He does get way more flack than he deserves.
But he’s a good guy who gives back to whatever community he’s in at the time and his teammates always like him. I wouldn’t mind if he were a Saint next year IF Brees retires.
Wash out yer mouth.

It's the ascots, Cam.

The media never gives due respect to men that wear ascots.

I remember a certain young, high school football player that had a promising football career ahead of him.

But he blew it all by wearing an ascot. He simply refused to take it off.

The next thing you know the media shunned him, and never gave him his just due.

And I hear that today, he lives in a van with three other roommates. Eating so many edibles that he thinks his dog can talk. :jpshakehead:

Fred_Jones.png

Here’s the thing though, Cam and Jameis were released within days of each other back in late March. Loomis and company took their time and due diligence for several weeks before they signed Jameis in late April.
There are always multiple variables in play when it comes to signing a free agent player, but Cam was there if we really wanted him, and vice versa.
We went with the guy that wanted to be here, wanted to learn behind the best QB of all time, and wanted to resurrect his career, with a chance to earn the keys to the car.
I’m content with what we have in house.

He’s just full of himself. An analysis said today that Cam acts like he’s the only one on stage, spotlight on him. Not those words exactly, but close. And he dresses like a princess and acts like a diva.

Everything else aside, I do think he’s a gifted athlete who just needs to get over himself and work hard on his accuracy. It’ll be a site to see if he stinks it up and gets benched by ol’ Belichick. I can envision him pouting under that towel already.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom