New and Improved "I Have Even Less Regard for Cam Newton than I already Had" thread (2 Viewers)

Looks like the love child of Wilt Chamberlin and Jean-Michael Basquiat who was adopted by Mr T and RuPaul.

If anything I think the media has been gentle with him because of his race. If a white QB carried himself like that on the field and dressed like that off of it, lol, I can't even imagine what the press would do to him. It would be brutal. Think Jay Cutler but if Jay Cutler had an even worse attitude and he was a cross dresser.

Nobody can deny that African American QBs have had issues in the past but these days the media loves them. Go back to Vick before that thing went south. He was the face of the league. RG3 was anointed the chosen one but then he got hurt. Cam has been lavished with praise and given a MVP before things got weird, Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, etc.

Watson, Mahomes, Jackson & Wilson are all 1000 times better role models than Cam.

Watson, Mahomes, Jackson & Wilson are all 1000 times better role models than Cam.
Man you got that right! I could care less how the guys dresses, but over the years to me he has always been a 'woe is me' guy when things are not going good for him. Seeing him on the sidelines moping and pouting when all is not well just is way too immature for me and IMO unbefitting a so called leader on a team.

“From a guy who was given ... GIVEN, not earned ... an MVP”

Seriously? Given an MVP? LOL y’all just can’t give Cam any credit can you?

By Odin move on woman. Why are you so obsessed about a totally hollow and insignificant award as the NFL MVP? Everybody knows it is given to the QB which team has the most wins at the time. Nothing about the individual effort. It is like a poor man's Oscar award for simply being the "poster boy" for a winning team /movie
I dunno why I'm so obsessed by it. But maybe because it's hardly considered insignificant by most NFL insiders. And you know darn well Drew deserves it.

No .. but also I'm not sure why you're here after 3 years and no other comments.

I think Belichek and Brady are both trying to "show the world" they don't need each other. Brady is trying to personally lift the Buccaneers while Belichek is trying to win a football game by coaching something named Newton. Their hyper-inflated egos will destroy their legacies for them as both have failure written all over these situations.

Also, this thread is useless without pictures.....

Oh, Cam3.jpgOh, Cam4.JPGOh, Cam5.pngOh, Cam7.jpgOh, Cam8.jpgOh, Cam9.png
OMG, what a compilation. He is fun, innit he?

So... how are the Patricheats going to introduce Covid to opposing teams - esp to AFC East teams???
If I was an opposing team, I'd send in a cleaning crew to the locker room ahead of my visit.

The general consensus around that time was that he earned the OPOY, no doubt, but the MVP should be just that, the one most crucial to his team’s success, regardless of record.
And that year, Brees put this team on his back, leading the league in passing yards, and narrowly missing leading the league in multiple other stat categories, all while watching a 32nd ranked defense (and by many accounts, one of the worst in NFL history) give back everything he was earning on the field, and then some.
Without him, we’re easily a 1-15 team that season, and bias aside, many here feel Drew still deserved it that year despite a 7-9 record, but voters were too dazzled by Cam’s brilliance (if you want to call it that) to even consider anyone else.
So yeah, you’re not going to find much support for your cause here.

I was just about to comment on that very thing........ Cam Newton had a 2015 regular season for the ages, like him or not (and believe me, I've never been a fan..... So let's establish that I'm very much in the NOT category).

Dude accounted for 45 total touchdowns that year. And led the team to a 15-1 record. I'd love for anybody else to tell me who should have been the NFL MVP in 2015, if not Newton.

The general consensus around that time was that he earned the OPOY, no doubt, but the MVP should be just that, the one most crucial to his team’s success, regardless of record.
And that year, Brees put this team on his back, leading the league in passing yards, and narrowly missing leading the league in multiple other stat categories, all while watching a 32nd ranked defense (and by many accounts, one of the worst in NFL history) give back everything he was earning on the field, and then some.
Without him, we’re easily a 1-15 team that season, and bias aside, many here feel Drew still deserved it that year despite a 7-9 record, but voters were too dazzled by Cam’s brilliance (if you want to call it that) to even consider anyone else.
So yeah, you’re not going to find much support for your cause here.

Let's not pretend the Panthers would have ended up just a game or two shy of 15-1 without Newton that year.

Two more days till football that counts, peeps. I hope you enjoyed this thread.
Sure did 👍🏈👏

As I stated in our stellar Kobe Bryant thread, you should be on “Comedy Central”.......making a ton of 💰💰💰

BTW......did you order your new workout shirt that was designed for you, in the U.S Open thread? You be stylin!!! 🙂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom