New Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain Coming to Hulu (1 Viewer)

As a huge fan of early WB after school cartoons I am very concerned that this will ruin the very spirit of what made these shows great. I've just seen too many remakes that completely miss the mark. It'd be much better if they'd just make all the originals available.

I wonder how often and how disastrously Pinky and the Brain will continue to fail in their elusive, Quixotic quest: Try to take over the world.

It might not be a well-known fact but the now-disgraced #MeToo former senator and original SNL writer/comedian Al Franken was actually a huge fan of the Animaniacs, particularly the Pinky and the Brain segments.

Widge, I agree with the basic, overall framework of your argument about trying to remake or re-work Bugs Bunny into a radically different world then the one he and original Warner Brothers characters were created into nearly a century ago, but its not totally impossible or implausible. But most attempts I could imagine writers or creators conceptually would face in making it work would be immense and he'd have to be re-imagined, re-designed in a way that would be controversial, test the boundaries of audiences expectations and it'll piss off a lot of Warner Bros purists who'd hate them destroying a beloved character.

. There are other Warner Bros. characters that might be easier to adapt to 2020 with some edgier, modern updates like Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn, and the hothead, loudmouth Yosemite Sam and Wily E. Coyote as a newer, reimagined dope who screws up more colossaly then the first incarnation of him.

. I know that Warner discontinued using Speedy Gonzales back maybe 20-25 years ago because of potential racial/ethnic sensitivities or perpetuating negative stereotypes but it was brought back, ironically, by continued pushback, letter-writing campaigns by Latino Americans and Hispanics who viewed him as an iconic Latino cultural icon and symbol and Warner relented with a disclaimer of course.

Just watched the first episode. It wasn't...terrible. I guess no Goodfeathers or Slappy Squirrel, though. The musical number at the end about reboots, I thought, was pretty clever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom